39) Something More Than Bestfriends

Y/N POV

As you were about to leave the Choi family's home, but when you just passed the front door, you felt a small tug from Yena. She was pulling you back, not wanting you to leave. You look back at the little duckling holding on to your shirt and said.

Y/N: "Hm?" you asked, wondering what she wanted.

You then feel her push you slightly, moving you out of the way and closing the door behind her

You then feel her push you slightly, moving you out of the way and closing the door behind her. The two of you were now both at the entrance of the doorway, with the door shut to keep our privacy. You wondered what was going on and questioned why she wanted to be with you in private, but you rolled with the flow.

As you guys stood there in the night, both of you not saying a single word to each other. You looked at Yena, who seemed to be quite flustered about the whole ordeal. You decided you would ask what was going on.

Y/N: "So is there something you want to talk about, Yena?" you asked her, wondering why she wanted to talk to you in private.

Yena: "Oh Uh-Ummm... "she said, not really able to get the words out of her mouth. You watched as she slapped her cheeks with her hands, trying to calm herself down. With a deep breath, she said. "Y/N... I just wanted to say thank you..." she said, catching you a bit off guard.

You watched as the duck's face turned into a pink shade, probably embarrassed about what she said. However, you didn't understand what she was saying.

Y/N: "Thank you? For what?" you asked the duckling. You weren't sure what Yena was thankful for. Was it that you came to celebrate her debut? Or was it because you helped out her family? Why thank you?

Yena: "I wanted to thank you for all you did for me..." she said, looking deep within your eyes. With her face slowly turning into the same color like a rose, you could tell that it was taking her whole soul to say this to you. You knew she was very sincere about something, but you didn't understand what was going on. What was she talking about?

Y/N: "I did something?" you responded, making the crimson duck face turn into one of disappointment. She looks at you with a glare, mad about how dense you were. With a deep breath, she continued what she was rambling on about.

Yena: "I'll be honest... If it wasn't for you, I probably would fail Produce 48... But after seeing you and you comforting me... It motivated me a lot..." she said, leaving you starstruck. You didn't realize you had such an impact on the little duckling.

You were just being yourself, and it wasn't like you were going out of your way to make her feel better or anything. You just cared a lot about your best friend, and that's what best friends do. It wasn't like you were special or anything.

Y/N: "You don't have to thank me... I really didn't do much," you said to the girl, making her pout deeper.

Yena: "You're so dumb, Y/N..." she said, sitting down on the steps in front of her doorsteps.