10) Back Hug

Yena POV

After the first evaluation, a month had passed since and you guys continued to practice the way you did. The plan we had from the beginning was a great way for us to learn, especially the partner method. This method not only enhances your ability to learn songs in a short time but also allows you to make bonds with Y/N specifically.

With each test, you guys continued to receive an A for each evaluation, not messing up in the slightest. Out of all the 15 groups in the Yuehua Collaboration practices, you were ranked first, and tied with Eunbi's group for the most A ranks.

Due to our first-place ranking and his over-stage presence during the evaluations, Y/N was slowly getting recognized as a golden trainee in Yuehua. When we would perform not only were the trainers in awe but also the trainees as well.

He was praised heavily for his vocals and his dancing ability, outclassing everyone in the company. Even his rapping caused a lot of commotion, his flow being amazing and rivaling most of the trained rappers at Yuehua. Y/N was getting so famous in the company, that many trainees began asking him for help. They would ask about his practice habits and tips, wanting to be as good as he was.

Y/N was like a star, already having a bunch of people surrounding him, praising him for his talents. In your mind, he was definitely ready to debut. You were a little surprised that Y/N was the same guy you remembered who used to be so antisocial. You remember the time he used to be too shy to a point that he couldn't even talk to you.

It was great to see him grow, but a little part of you kind of wanted to keep him all to yourself. It might be a bit selfish, but you wanted to keep the bond we had. He felt like such a close friend even if we only knew each other for a month, you didn't want to get replaced by his sudden popularity.

You felt a tad bit odd when you kept seeing Y/N help out other trainees. Especially the girl trainees. It's not that you were jealous or anything, but it did bug you a tiny bit to see that he was spending so much time with other girls that weren't you.

 It's not that you were jealous or anything, but it did bug you a tiny bit to see that he was spending so much time with other girls that weren't you

You stroll into the practice room, and you see Y/N, working hard like usual. He was always practicing, and if not he would be taking breaks learning the choreo through watching videos of it being performed. He was such a hard worker, it kinda makes you feel like your work habits were worthless.

You admired Y/N from afar, him looking so cool dancing. He was so focused and so into the music, he didn't notice you were looking at him from behind. You watched as he danced and sang, trying to practice both categories at once. He was such an all-rounder it amazes you. His shy demeanor would instantly vanish when the music turns on, it was like he became a different person.

Not only was his stage presence but his voice... Oh my god... it was heavenly. Almost as if it was made of honey. You thought you were a good singer, but compared to him, you were nothing. You could listen to him sing all day.