20) Chosen Song

Y/N POV

A few days after the Spring Day performance, you guys were finally able to prepare for the CEO show. You would be performing in front of the CEOs, showing them that you guys had what it takes to debut. It would be a grueling show, but this was your chance to redeem yourself and get your chance debut.

You really wanted to debut with all your heart. Not only because you were a trainee for so many years but also because it was your dream to become a Kpop star. You wanted to finally become an idol, and perform on the same stage as "Golden Child." That was your dream, and you were going to work your best to achieve it.

Only two groups made it to the Ceo show from the Collaboration practices, your group, and Eunbi's group. Eunbi's group had mostly trainees from Woollim, and you knew about all of their amazing talents. Each of them being an all-rounder and were all on the verge of debuting.

Even though they were your fellow label mates, you wanted to do your best and show that you were better than them. A little company rivalry never hurt anybody. You were the number one trainee in Woollim, that title wouldn't be taken lightly.

You wanted to show that you had what it takes to debut and wouldn't be outshined by Eunbi's team. You were the number one trainee in your company; you had to succeed if you wanted to keep your position.

The CEO's show would be a solo stage for each trainee. It was your moment to shine. You couldn't hide behind any members, but instead, you had to let your raw talents glow.

For the performance can pick whatever type of music you wanted to perform. The song choice left the freedom of proving your skills up to the trainee. You could pick a slow song, emphasizing vocals.  Or you could pick a beat-based song, showing off your dancing. Or ect. You could pick anything you wanted, leaving you with limitless options.

Even though you could literally pick any song, you had difficulty deciding what song you wanted to do. You had an infinite amount of choices, and that's why it was so hard to choose one. You needed one song that would show off your talents perfectly. It would have to show your dance ability, your rapping strength, and your singing technique. Basically, all the skills you acquired in the past 7 years had to be in this one song.

If this performance decided if you were going to debut or not, you need to show them how much you learned after the 7 years of training. You had to show them how much you have developed, and most importantly, how close you were to become a professional in the industry.

You worked your brain throughout the day, trying to think of a suitable song to sing but to no avail. You enjoyed certain types of music, making you think of an absurd amount of songs you could sing. But each song you thought of wouldn't be a proper tribute to your ability.

While you were walking home with Yena, you wonder if she had decided on a song for her performance. The performance would decide most people's lives, so it had to be perfect. You wonder which song she was going to perform, so you asked her.

Y/N: "Yena, did you pick your song out for the performance yet?" you asked her, receiving a nod. She did? What? So fast... "You did? What song?" you asked her, astounded that she was able to pick a song while you were struggling so much.

Yena: "I'm doing "Pain, the love of heart" from a group called SPEED," she said cheerfully; however, your respond with confusion. You never heard of that song or that group, so you decided to ask her about them.

Y/N: "SPEED? I haven't heard of that group," you said to her, receiving a frown look from the duck. A frown? Did you say something wrong? Is that her favorite group or something?

Yena: "Yeah... They're not really popular..." she said, making a dispirited expression. Was this a sensitive topic for her? Shen then shined another bright smile, lifting her fist in the air. "My brother was a part of SPEED, so I wanted to perform this, especially for him," she said, reverting to her happy duck self.