25) CEO Show

Y/N POV

Due to the painkiller's effectiveness, you have fastened the track of your progress on completing your performance. The effect that the painkillers caused was as if your abilities had been accelerated. You were now able to move swiftly and nimble without feeling any pain because of the drug. The only reason you were able to practice so intensely and the reason why you were able to have such astonishing advancement was that you no longer were held back by the feeling your leg caused.

Before using the painkillers, you would have constant breaks for your leg not to ache. But since you couldn't feel the pain anymore, it allowed you to push forward, and polish your performance.

You somewhat heavily relied on these pain killers. Even though you were cautious not to overdose on the pills, you still utilized them every day to practice. You took them roughly every day before practice for around 2 weeks. You knew you shouldn't rely on them too heavily, but the feeling you felt when taking them. It was great.

It felt wonderful to use them but not in the sense that it was because it was a drug. It didn't make you high or experience any illusions. However, it made you feel like you reverted to your old self.

Your old self... The trainee that would spend hours on end, practicing nonstop. A man that trained his very best to become an idol. The person that was so close that he could reach for his dream...

It made you feel like the crash never happened. The gruesome accident that stripped away from your dream... The accident that left you with a permanent wound, making you downgrade because of it... But the painkillers have fixed it. No longer did you feel the wound. It made you relived the days where everything was all okay. The days where you felt nothing could go wrong in the world, the state where you wished you would go back to.

With your new-found solution, you almost abused it. Using it constantly to get the most results from your training. With this, you were able to progress faster than the Flash. During the last trainer evaluation, they told you that you were now the most prepared out of all other trainees.

However, you made sure that you would take breaks to rest your leg since Yena was so worried. It was good to rest your leg, however, you didn't realize how much Yena cared about you. It was felt nice that she cared so much, making our friendship one that feel like one that could last a lifetime. You continue to practice, trying to take care of your injury, and you are finally ready to perform.

Eventually, the day of the CEO show had come, and you were ready to burn down the stage with an outstanding performance. You felt confident, and you felt as if nothing could go wrong... With your new-found strategy and your endless amount of practicing, you were hoping for your debut.

However, before the show started, you saw a little duckling walking around backstage. While you were backstage, you were getting ready for your performance. Since it was a show for the CEOs of both Woollim and Yuehua, it was one with a higher budget compare to the rest. Meaning you would have people like stylists and costumes for you, almost if you were an idol already.