9) First Evaluation

Y/N POV

The day of the first collaboration evaluation had finally arrived. It's been one week since you guys received your assignment, and within that amount of time, your group had perfected the song.

You guys split the lines evenly at the start, each of us having our own center part. You guys changed a bit of the choreo, so we could all shine in our own individual spotlight. We even split into groups so we could learn faster with one on one learning.

We all practiced so hard, and we're confident that we would get an "A" rank. We knew that all of our preparation would lead us to the "A" we desired.

During the trainer check-up, you guys were given high remarks, not finding many flaws in your performance. It especially helps that Sihyeon already had experience performing and Yiren was so charismatic with all of her facial expressions. During the check-up, the trainers told you that you and Yena were great performers and complimented the both of you on our dancing ability.

You guys headed into the lobby, waiting for our turn to be evaluated. You sat in a chair and watched as a big screen showed each trainee's group performance and the grade they receive. As you wait for our turn to perform, you notice that most of the other groups received lower grades. B... C... B... D... None of the evaluated groups received an "A" rank, meaning the trainers were pretty strict. You begin to worry about the grade you guys were going to get.

Even though all the stars were aligned for us to have a great performance, you felt nervous. Even though you practiced like crazy, just one mistake to your leg could cause the whole performance to flop. You wanted to make sure you got an "A," but you were worried something might happen to your leg.

 You wanted to make sure you got an "A," but you were worried something might happen to your leg

As you waited in the lobby, you prayed that nothing would happen. With two hands pressed together and your eyes closed, you sent your wishes to the clouds above, praying God would give you this blessing.

As your fear of your leg given out expands, Yena gently grabs your hand. You were a bit surprised, not expecting her hand-holding. She looks at you directly in the eyes, making a calm sense pierce through your body.

Yena: "Don't worry... We got this, Y/N..." she said with a smile. And with that, you felt completely calm. Your mindset had done a 180. Earlier, it felt like you were at the end of the world but now feeling that you would definitely get an "A" rank. And with that, you guys were called up, going to be on stage to perform.

As you walk in, you instantly notice the number of trainers, more than 15 people being observing you guys performing. They begin to tell you how they were going to grade the performance, and after that, it was the start of the show.

You guys head into your positions, and you guys begin the song. You hear the instrumental and start going all out. You wouldn't be toning down your performance because it was only one song, so you danced as if your life depended on it.

Y/N: "Welcome to my world let's do this

isyujejogira bulleo I'm so ill

eodilgado bunwigi Go higher

bihaenggi bakkeun neomu sikkeureowo gwayeol" you rapped, trying to get into the original grove of the song. Although you were a vocalist, you weren't too bad at rapping. You followed the choreography with perfect accuracy, able to shine like a diamond in the rough.

It was getting to your part, which was the pre-chorus.

Y/N: "na hanbeon tteumyeon geim da jeongnidwae

wonhaneun geol jeonbu da gatge dwae

mul taneun beobeul ara

nan oneuldo hal il hae hadeukaerihae" you sang perfectly. Your vocals were spot on, not being a single pitch off. You guys finished hard, and during the dance break, you dance your heart out. You made sure to dance powerfully, but also making sure you were not overworking your leg. After that, the song was over, and you had finished a great performance.

As your chest moves up and down, you breathe heavily after going all out. Everyone in your group did an amazing job, none of us messing up. We all performed great, but you weren't sure if we met the judges' expectations. You might think you guys did a good job, but they might think otherwise.

You guys stood there waiting for the results of the evaluation. As all the trainers talk among themselves, you prayed you guys got an "A. After a brief chat amongst their peers, they have finally finished talking and have decided on our grades. They begin telling us about how we did, complementing each one of us.

Trainer: "Y/N... I can see why the people at Woollim so heavily praised you. You did a great job," they said, making you blush. "Your final score is..." they said with long suspense. "A..." they said, making you instantly smile. You guys all hugged each other proud that we were able to receive the top score. "Good job, but just know this is the beginning. If you guys keep practicing as you have been, you will definitely be able to debut soon," they said, making all of us happy.

With this moment, the future looks so bright. You couldn't wait to debut...

———————-

Fixing mostly grammar stuff but barely changed anything. But yeahhhh... I'm pretty happy with how to story is going now, and will probably start pushing out the old chapter a lot fast now. Anyway hope y'all have a nice day and I'll see you tomorrow.