34) Crying

Yena POV

You hear someone's loud footsteps coming towards you

You hear someone's loud footsteps coming towards you. You quickly looked over, and you saw Y/N, with a worried expression written all over his face.

Y/N: "Yena... Are you okay?" he asked you. Oh no... Did he see me crying? You quickly removed your frown, putting up a poker face. You didn't want him to know you were downhearted, even though it was probably evident by now.

Yena: "Y/N..." you said, as you wiped away the remaining tears with your sleeve. "D-Did you like the show?" you said, putting up a fake smile. "Sorry we got the last place, hehe," you said, giving off a false chuckle.

Even though Y/N told you earlier not to hold your emotions in, you couldn't help it. You worried about your debut. You worried about your team's mental health. You worried about the upcoming elimination. You worried about many things, but it would be the best for you and the group if they didn't know how stressed you were. You wouldn't be a burden towards them...

Y/N: "Yena..." he said as he slowly walks over to you. When he got close, roughly a couple inches away, he then quickly pulled you into a hug, surprising you a bit by his out of nowhere action. Y/N never hugs you, so for him to be doing it was a bit odd and uncharacteristic.

Yena: "Y/N?!? Why are you hugging me all of a sudden?" you said, trying to release from his hold. The hold he had you in wasn't rough or tight, but it felt gentle and warm. He wasn't giving you a bear hug but instead a warm embrace. He places his head in between your shoulders and whispers something in your ear.

Y/N: "Yena... You don't have to hold it in... I'm here for you..." he said to you. He could really see past your lies, huh? Only Y/N could see the true you... You slowly begin to crumble, letting your mask break apart. You then begin to break down in Y/N's arms, holding his thighs, crying in his arms.

Yena: "Y/N!!! I t-tried!!! *Sniff* I-I t-trieddd so h-hard!!!" you screamed in his chest, silencing most of the sounds. You pulled your face closer to his shirt and began to sob uncontrollably. "I've worked so *Sniife* hard, and we ended up in last place..." you said, making his shirt wet with your tears.

Y/N: "It's okay, let it out..." he said, patting you on the back, stroking your hair to give you comfort.

Yena: "I-I'm u-useless Y/N... I-I'm definitely *Sniff* g-going to get e-eliminated," you said, acknowledging the fact that your rank wouldn't go up. Based on your performance, you had a strong feeling you would be eliminated the next round, and the worst part was that you tried your best and you had no fruits grown from all your labor.

Y/N: "Don't think like that..." he said, trying to make you think positive.

Yena: "I-I know I-I will... *Sniff* Y/N... T-This m-might be my *Sniff* only c-chance to debut..." you said. "I-If I fail now... I-I don't know what to d-do..." you said, telling him the concerns about your future.