② Audition

The audition began after Taeyong was done arranging his notebook and sat down on a chair in front of the boys. Then he looked up and said, "Don't be shy here, you're all talented and that's why you're here today and as I have said before, even if you don't get selected in the final, you'll all learn from each other and can try again next time. So now I'll be calling out the names and one by one you should come forward and do whatever you want to get selected." He smiled after delivering the short speech.

He then one by one started calling out names and the young boys stood up and showcased their talents in front of others, earning claps and cheers and hugs by their individual specific friends.

"Zhong Chenle."

"Yes sir." Chenle stood up. But as he was going to proceed, he was stopped by a hand holding his. He looked down to see Jisung holding his hand.

"Good luck, You can do this, believe in yourself, don't get nervous, you're amazing." Jisung encouraged him, smiling.

Chenle mumbled a small thanks and also smiled at Jisung before freeing his hand and walking in the middle of the room.

"You're too whipped dude." Sungchan snickered after Chenle was no more there between them.

Jisung only rolled his eyes and muttered a thanks. Sungchan laughed. Then his eyes again landed on the boy who arrived last, he was sitting quietly in a corner of the room, without any friends and observing everyone with keen attention as if he was taking the audition.

Sungchan couldn't understand what was so attractive about the boy or what was the thing that was drawing his focus towards him each and every second and somehow he felt, the boy was familiar.

No, not because there was a collision between them earlier in the hallway, heck he didn't even know it was Shotaro who he almost knocked over in the hallway.

It was the name and the facial structure. The cheekbones, the lips, the nose and especially the eyes.

He noticed when someone was getting selected, he would smile to himself and his eyes would form beautiful crescents. It was a sight to behold. And when someone wasn't selected and disappointed, he would frown, but Sungchan found the frown to be cute too.

He was so immersed in looking at Shotaro he didn't even know that the whole room was loudly clapping and cheering by now as Chenle was selected and Jisung was almost sobbing right beside him. He was taken aback when Shotaro looked at him suddenly, making eye contact and he froze for a second before getting back to his senses and processing why everyone was being so jolly and happy right now. Then he also clapped for Chenle and smiled.

When Chenle was back to his seat on the floor of the room, Jisung immediately pulled the boy in a hug and Chenle patted his back while saying sweet words to the boy so that Jisung won't make a Han River in the room just by his crying alone.

Sungchan smiled at the cute scene and patted Chenle's back lightly.

Chenle, still in Jisung's embrace, turned his head in the back and Sungchan muttered a congrats to him, earning thanks in return. They both smiled.

After a while another boy was now showcasing his talent during the commotion of Jisung being so emotional. Sungchan looked at the front and found the performance boring.. he felt guilty for not enjoying the performance but what can he do !

He then turned his attention to Shotaro, finding the boy still looking at him but this time he didn't avoid the eye contact, it was Shotaro who did it this time, turning his attention to the boy who was dancing in the front. But Sungchan kept looking at Shotaro.

Something struck in Sungchan's mind. He was now suspecting himself, and Shotaro of course, thinking if it was the same Shotaro he knew years ago.

A while later there was another round of claps and cheers but less loud than the other loud cheers that had happened. The boy unfortunately didn't get selected. But he wasn't disappointed, he was happy to at least come here and that he got to showcase what he can in front of these people. He bowed and then went back to sit with his friends.

Sungchan saw Shotaro get up suddenly. He felt a little scared. He thought, if Shotaro was going to complain about him being stared at, but he still kept his eyes on him.

But then he saw the boy walking and standing in the middle of the room and bowing in front of the instructor.

"You shall begin." Taeyong said and Shotaro nodded. He put on a song from his playlist, connecting it to the speaker present in the room and silently took position for he was going to dance.

When he was done, the room was quite and then another round of loud cheers and claps were heard, equal to when Chenle got selected. Shotaro was nervous though.

Taeyong also was clapping and muttered shortly, "Selected."

Shotaro then heaved a sigh, he didn't know that he was holding and said, "Thank you so much." to Taeyong, who in return said, "You deserve."

Shotaro nodded and bowed and then took a 180° turn, locking his gaze with Sungchan, he knew the boy was looking at him like a focused camera and he was right, the boy was still clapping his hands but not with much sound to get attention on him and his mouth was open. Though, he assumed, his friends, were looking at him smugly.

Shotaro gulped and shook his head slightly before walking back to where he was sitting before and sat down with a sigh.

Chenle then poked Sungchan's side, startling the boy a lot, his eyes went wide and he stopped clapping. He looked at his right side to see both of his friends looking at him with smirks in their faces. Jisung no longer crying.

His face became red and he lowered his gaze at the ground turning his head to the front.

"You seem whipped." Jisung teased.

"Just shut up you two annoying brats." Sungchan groaned lightly and sighed. What has gotten into him !

Chenle and Jisung laughed to themselves.

⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑

So here goes the 2nd chapter :D
Hope you liked. Idk how auditions work but I tried writing how I know it works...
Anyways.. stay tuned ?

Published : 14-01-2021
Words : 1092

Published : 14-01-2021Words : 1092