㉛ Moment of bliss

[ um there's a time skip in past as you go through it so don't get confused °^°]

It was the day the CEO was watching - examining their performance.

For the rest of the week they practiced separately as a group in a different practice room they were provided. Practicing till late at night, and starting earlier than ever. They wanted to debut - make people happy just like any other groups. Do activities together, and enjoy themselves too. Sing and dance, be happy by doing what they love.

The last day of their separate practice, Chenle and Jisung have excused themselves earlier and have went to their dorm. But Sungchan and Shotaro still did not want to leave the practice room.

Both of them were nervous remembering the words that the company might debut a soloist from them too. Either way they would be happy for the other, but they wanted to debut together.

After another 2 rounds of practice, Shotaro flopped himself down on the ground and Sungchan sprawled his limbs beside him.

"Yah don't lay on the ground." Shotaro chided.

"You once did." Sungchan reminded making Shotaro roll his eyes and retort, "Half of my body was on your lap back then."

"Then I should do the same." Sungchan suggested.

"Ew no you're gonna give the dirt on me. Nope." Shotaro scooted away a little.

And then they laughed, out of happiness, nervousness dying down a little.

"Do you think we'll debut together? Or as soloists?" Shotaro asked as he looked up at the ceiling, slouching his shoulders and burying his hands on his lap.

"I don't really know we have worked hard, we are either equal or we fill up the void in our group if there is any but as a group, we are better as of now! So I don't really know. It's him who will decide in the end." Sungchan said and stopped as he sat up too, and looked at the ceiling just like Shotaro. Then he looked back at Shotaro, "But somehow I'm positive we will debut as a group."

Shotaro looked at the younger warily.

"Aww come on, don't make sad faces again." Sungchan scooted closer to the older and cupped his face as he smiled himself.

Shotaro smiled at the gesture curtly. It was as if Sungchan was a baby cheering up another sullen baby - he imagined. But somehow it was true, when they were kids and Shotaro would feel even slightly down, Sungchan was there to cheer him up to the fullest, not even knowing why the older would feel down.

Shotaro then giggled and Sungchan looked at the boy confusedly. "What's wrong?"

"You remind me of a baby deer." Shotaro smiled widely

"Eh?" Sungchan made a funny face at the comment.

Shotaro then took the younger's face in his hands and squished them like they were a dough of flour, pursing his own lips in a smile in the process.

"Ya." Sungchan managed to speak and held onto Shotaro's wrist as he freed his cheeks from them. "You're the baby here, have you seen yourself behaving like a one year just now and practically all the time?" He then spoke as he intertwined their fingers.

Shotaro did not notice that and tried to make an angry face as Sungchan called him the baby when he's the oldest one in their group.

"I'm older than all of you." Shotaro pointed out with a pout.

"Eh?? I thought you were the youngest as you behave like a kid always." Sungchan teased.

Shotaro squinted his eyes and then huffed and crossed his arms in front of his chest, freeing his hands from Sungchan's grasp unconsciously.