④ One friend

They all were sitting down with their friends except Shotaro. He still didn't know anyone there and never bothered to make friends either, he just loved being by himself. His parents said it would cause him problems later if he didn't make friends but so far he was doing fine and thus he never bothered to make friends. He'd talk to others if they initiated conversations but that's all.

Right now, he was busy staring at Sungchan, the 'tall boy' he'd like to address as before, finally he knew his name.

⭑⭑⭑ [earlier]

"Jung Sungchan." Taeyong has called out the last candidate for the audition.

The moment Shotaro heard the name, he immediately sat up straight as if he's woken up from a nightmare, his senses too awake. The name was familiar, very familiar.

The tall boy presented himself in the middle of the room and did some talking with Taeyong first. Shotaro was busy searching to see his face, he was irritated that the boy's side profile was only visible. Sure he has seen the boy's face before when he caught him staring at him but he never paid attention and now he regretted that he didn't.

The amount of time Sungchan was standing there, doing his rap and later the dancing, Shotaro did not look away for one second.

He was watching the boy with furrowed brows, thinking if he was the same Jung Sungchan he's thinking.

⭑⭑⭑[present]

"Shotaro's looking at you the way you've done yesterday." Chenle said.

"Tell me something I'm not aware of !" Sungchan said while poking his food, his focus also on the food. For once, not on Shotaro after they exited the audition room.

Chenle huffed at the arrogance and kicked his feet under the table.

"For goodness' sake Chenle." Sungchan groaned.

"What? He might want to talk to you too, maybe that's why he's looking at you." Chenle insisted.

"And how do you know?" Sungchan looked up at Chenle, averting his gaze from the food in front of him.

"Cause I'm a genius, dumbass." Chenle rolled his eyes.

"Only for Jisung, not for me." Sungchan retorted.

"Touché." Jisung interrupted, giggling slightly. Then they all giggled lightly between the somewhat heated ambience between Chenle and Sungchan.

"But for real, I think you guys should talk if you are sensing of what you told us yesterday. I don't know if I'm right, but Shotaro's giving you that stare after he heard your name in the audition room." Jisung pointed out, holding his chopsticks up.

"You think??" Sungchan asked.

"I mean it's a possibility only." Jisung said. Sungchan hummed, again busying himself to look at his food, provided by Taeyong.

⭑⭑⭑ [later in the evening]

"So this is my dorm?" Chenle talked to himself as he entered the the space.

A head peaked out from the room across the hall.

Chenle squinted his eyes and the head then fully came out the room with his whole body.

"Shotaro !" Chenle muttered to himself.

"Ah you must be Chenle ! Right?" The other boy asked.

"Hi and yes, Sho-taro! I think we're dorm mates, hope we have a great time around." Chenle greeted the boy.