Chapter 6 - "Meeting The Luna"

Blake’s pov:
- You mean, they’re coming here?

The shock of her words are still making an impact on me. She nods hear head weakly after a while before she turns it towards me.

- I never thought about the fact that they would come looking for me. I was so consumed by being in your presence that I completely forgot about everything else.

She answers as her hand brushes mine lightly before I plant a soft kiss on her forehead and pull her closer into a hug. The wolves are coming closer for every second that passes.

- How do you want to do this?

I ask as I’m preparing to do whatever she wants me to do…

- They’re not out to hurt me…or you. Maybe if they see you in person they might come to accept you…somehow.

except for that part right there.

- Kate, I don’t think that’s a good idea. I don’t do well with packs…least of all yours.

My heart is beating inside my chest as my insecurity is rising. I don’t know what to do at this point. On one side there’s my mate who I’m supposed to spend the rest of my life with, assuming that she’s right and her pack don’t actually kill me, but on the other hand there’s the fact that I have already hurt them deeper than anyone can just erase from their memory.

- Blake, please give them a chance. I was bargaining for your sake back home asking them to give you a chance

She pleads looking up at me. I’m not sure what to do with this. I know this isn’t going to end well, but those beautiful sky-blue eyes right in front of me are begging me to give them a chance. I sigh deeply because I know no other options.

- I’ll try. I can’t promise anything, but I will try, for you.

I answer as she leans towards me and we share a brief kiss before the wolves appear through the bushes on the other side of the pond and I immediately feel uneasy about this. Kate seems calm because she recognizes all of them.

- Gray, there’s no need to go rampaging through the woods. I was just… I needed a night out.

She lets out as the bigger wolf of them all turns back into human-form. The others follow his lead. His eyes immediately bury into me before turning back towards Kate. I could feel the heat and rage in those eyes. Inside my chest I sense my wolf is having the tail between his legs. Blake, I don’t really like him.

- Is that so? You needed a night out…with him?

He presses on as he takes a few steps towards her. He looks over at me occasionally, making sure I know how disapproving he is of me.

- Gray, you know he’s my mate. I spent the night with him, getting to know him. You remember you wanted me go and find my mate. How about you accept that I have, and who that in fact is.

She’s tough, I’ll give her that. Last night I saw her more vulnerable side, but right here, right now, she’s going all tough against the biggest wolf I’ve seen in the last three years. I’ll admit, that’s pretty hot.

- You know it’s not an easy fate to accept, Kate. Your mother hasn’t been doing well since your conversation last night. You can imagine it didn’t exactly get any better when you never came home last night.