Chapter 9 - "Locked-In"

Blake’s pov:
- Get rid of his shirt and cuff him to the floor.

The Alpha says as the Beta and another pack-member rips my shirt off and cuffs each of my hands to the floor, pulling in separate directions, exposing my back that’s still fresh from yesterday’s beatings. Just like all the other times, I can’t fight this. I can’t resist what he’s going to do because he’ll do it anyway. He’s standing behind me and I can hear the edge of the whip slide after his feet on the floor. He walks towards the door and closes it before walking up next to me. I turn my head to see him and I keep my eyes on him for as long as I can.

- Blake, I’ve really tried with you. You never seem to learn that there are rules in this pack and if you break them you have to pay the price. I don’t want to do this obviously, you’re a pack-member of mine. I’d like you to be a loyal and safe member here, but in times like these, a piece of tough love is required to prevent you from doing it again…although yesterday’s lesson doesn’t seem to have been enough.

He makes a movement and I hear the whip hit against the floor. My entire body flinches as I imagine it hitting my skin. Yesterday I passed out after seven hits, which meant we had to start over until I could stand ten hits in a row…it ended with 37 hits.

- I’m telling you, Alpha, I don’t remember what happened! I’m not making this up, I would never do anything to hurt a fellow-member…

I try to defend myself but in response he whips my chest and I grit my teeth to not make a sound.

- You keep your mouth shut, boy! You talk when I tell you to! One more word from you and I’ll double the amount of whips…considering how much time we spent here yesterday, I’m sure you’d rather not have that.

I shake my head weakly as the sting from that whipping still burns on my skin. I’m on the edge to bleeding already and that was only on one whip. He stays quiet as my breath is shaking with fear while he walks behind me and gets ready for the real punishment.

1, 2, 3…I’m already struggling to hold it together. My breath is ragged and my teeth gritting hard against each other as I fight to stay awake. 5, 6…7 Like I said, if I pass out, he’ll start over.

- Staying awake this time, are we?

He asks, but I don’t respond. I’ve got more than enough trouble trying to stay up and hold my shit together. The whip hits repeatedly and again. The pain just escalates, doubling and tripling every moment that whip hits my skin…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I wake up abruptly from my sleep. Sweat is running down my forehead and down my entire chest as I realize when I look around me that it was all just a dream. Thank God I’m nowhere near of being in a similar situation. I lean forward and lean my face against my hands before I look over at Kate just sleeping so peacefully next to me. I on the other hand can’t seem to get that kind of sleep because I feel somewhat locked-in. Sleep eludes me. Coming here was a bad idea yes, but I never imagined the nightmares. They’ve never attacked me like this before.

I manage to calm down somewhat as I lean over to my side and just look at my peaceful mate fast asleep next to me. I just lie there admiring the view for a moment. She’s so beautiful when she sleeps. I envy her so much for being able to sleep like this right now. I know the times after she lost her father probably didn’t give her much sleep, but she’s managed to find her way back to it seems. I feel like I’m still struggling to do just that.