Epilogue - "Carrying On The Legacy"

8 months later

Blake's pov:
If you ever imagined that taking over a pack is easy, you're quite wrong. In the process of a pack getting a new Alpha and Luna, there are always going to be people slightly against it, especially if the new one killed the old one. In my case however, it appears to have been a blessing to the pack. People knew me from before. They knew I was different from Fagan or my father, and although Kate and I were...are still young we both claimed our place and got the pack in order.

Having heard the reports from Alec earlier, the pack was a complete mess when we got here and we could see it right away. When Kate and I claimed our rightful places as Alpha and Luna of the pack, everything fell into order. One could see the harmony within the pack as we reinstated old rules, rituals and...a new pack-name to get rid of the old bloodthirsty association – the Green Valley Pack, connecting it more to the landscape surrounding us.

The last couple of months have been busy. When taking over the pack, getting to know everybody all over again didn't seem to be enough. I had to reorganize the entire system for pack-members. I haven't been much of a person for paperwork, but as the Alpha of the pack, I have to be the one doing it for now. Kate and Alec aren't that much help on that area. Kate is very pregnant and I myself have deemed her unavailable until our child is born, and Alec, my elected Beta, just happens to struggle with dyslexia.

I've pretty much become a bookworm over the past few months, being swamped in paperwork. Every night for the past month, I've been sitting up late with a stack of papers that haven't be digitalized yet. Next to this, I also have my normal duties outside the office so in the evenings I'm usually stuck here until very late, away from my lady who doesn't quite like it when I come to bedroom in the middle of the night. She doesn't sleep without me so she always comes down here, despite of the fact that now that she's very close to delivery, I've banned her from moving around. Obviously, she doesn't really listen.

Tonight is just another one of those nights, me stuck behind the table again with all the paperwork that I still need to get into the computer. Not realizing what time it is, which I normally don't either way, I hear the door squeak as it opens. Nobody enters the room without knocking unless it's Alec, or...her.

- Love, you know I've told you to stay in bed these days...

I let out with a light smile on my face. I can never be angry with her for not listening to me. It's just her being who she's always been.

- You telling me not to move out of the bed is somewhat irritating. I'm about to start tearing down walls if you force me to stay there for an entire day more. We've had this conversation before and you know I'm not gonna stop coming down here when you work late.

She answers as she makes her way past the desk with that big beautiful belly. I shove myself away from the table as she reaches me and sits down on my lap, leaning against my shoulder. I immediately place my hand on her belly and I can feel quite a bit of action in there.

- Wow, he's kicking a lot tonight.

I let out smiling as we share a soft kiss.

- Whenever he hears your voice or if you're simply touching my belly like this, he knows and he gets excited.

Kate answers as she places her hand on top of mine. Early on, we learned that it was going to be a boy, and we wanted to know so we could plan a proper name for him. Honestly, I can't wait for our boy to be born and to finally meet him. I've been anxious to meet him for the past eight months.

- And do you really want him kicking around when you go to sleep later on?

I ask her with a light smile as she leans her head on my shoulder places her hand on my cheek, turning my head towards hers.