Chapter 15 - "Now, Fight!"

Blake’s pov
Pure darkness. That’s all I see when I wake up or whatever. No matter where I turn my head, no matter where I try to move, it’s all just a void of darkness. When I look down, I see myself being topless, seeing every single scar that I’ve had inflicted on my body throughout my life. Even the freshest ones, the ones that Fagan inflicted on me, that might have killed me, are there. Somewhere in my chest, I feel something trying to pull me out of this place. I can’t place it though. I don’t know if it’s something I should allow or not.

As the questions swirls inside my head, I see a figure in front of me. At first I only see his shape and for some reason I feel like I should recognize him. I tilt my head slightly to the side as I try to make out from where.

- You are my daughter’s mate…

He lets out and I immediately find his place in my memories: the Alpha that I killed three years ago, the same night my brother Damian died.

- Oh my God…listen if I had known whom you were to my mate…

I let out as the man takes a few steps closer and I finally see his face. What stuns me however is that he’s not angry with me.

- In a moment of rage there’s nothing a man can do to stop himself. I killed your only family and I underestimated your strength.

He answers.

- For what it’s worth, I’m so sorry. A killer is not something I’ve been of nature. I’ve only been one when I’ve had to be or…when manipulated to.

I manage to say.

- I was wrong of you and your brother, son. I jumped to conclusions while mourning a painful loss in the pack. Like you pointed out to my beloved mate, I didn’t give either of you a chance to explain yourselves. I was after blood and I didn’t care whose it was.

I sigh deeply to myself. As much as this conversation stirs me up on the inside, it also brings me a certain sense of peace. I just wished that this was a conversation we could’ve had while we were still alive, instead of being here…wherever this is.

- You are not dead, son…not yet.

He then says as I look up at him surprised.

- Then why are we having this conversation when I know that you are?

- The Moon-Goddess gave me a specific task after you were attacked and arrived at this state of mind. I believe she called this a chance for a closure for the both of us. Kate, my daughter and your mate, won’t get to you. The Moon-Goddess is the one keeping you alive right now, but after our conversation here is over, you have to fight for yourself.

He answers as my thoughts are all wound up on the Moon-Goddess. She exists. I’ve lived my entire life thinking that she’s been nothing but a myth. Her story was simply just that when we grew up, a story, a legend. Now I’m being told that she’s not just a story or a legend, but an actual Goddess watching over us.

- I can assure, you, she’s very real. The fact that you’re still alive is a living proof of that. I only have one thing I want to ask from you before I leave you to fight your way back to life.

He says as he takes a few steps closer to me. He gently places his hand on my shoulder as he looks me in the eyes.

- What is it?