Chapter 26 - "One To Be Trusted"

Kate’s pov:
He holds his arms tightly around my body for a moment. I don’t think it’s possible to overstate the sense of relief inside my chest now that I’m back with him. Instead of fighting each other, we can focus on the real problem ahead: Fagan and his hypnotized wolves.

- Are you okay?

Blake asks me after a while. I find the question somewhat amusing despite of the circumstances. I look up at him and he looks back slightly confused as I land a soft kiss on his cheek.

- What?

He has this adorable and confused look on his face.

- You are asking me if I’m alright when I just a few moments ago, nearly kicked your ass…

I let out as he manages to chuckle slightly at it. He places a weak kiss on my forehead.

- I let you kick my ass. I didn’t want to hurt you, you goof…

He answers back slightly pouting and playful before we hear Alec hit a tree not too far away from us as we both run over to help him up.

- Kate, you’re back…now I suppose it wouldn’t be a bad timing to ask for some help?

He lets out as Blake and I help him up on his feet, but he struggles slightly to keep standing. He takes to his ribs as Blake turns his head up and sees Fagan walk through the bushes. I can feel the anger that rises inside of Blake’s chest the moment I lay eyes on Fagan. My boy is going to make sure Fagan is dead before sunrise.

- Well, well, it seems like I underestimate a lot of things in these woods…

Fagan lets out as I see him standing there. He smirks slightly over at me, but I don’t give Fagan the satisfaction of letting him get to me. I catch a tiny bit of frustration for that and it almost makes my day.

- You look a little bit tense, Fagan. Your plan didn’t work out the way you wanted, did it?

I let out. He tries to keep his cool and smile over at me. I guess he’s got a reason to because we’re starting to hear movement around us.

- No, obviously it didn’t or else Blake would’ve been dead by now. Then again, you were just going to be a tool and be killed either way. There was only the question of whether or not Blake would live to see it. I guess, now he might…

Several wolves starts to appear in front of us, behind Fagan. I’m counting just about the same amount of scents in the air as the amount of wolves that I spotted earlier on.

- A lot of strange things have happened in these woods, but I doubt something as strange as you getting out of this alive, is going to happen.

Fagan goes on. Get Alec out of here! I hear Blake say through the mind-link but both me and my wolf completely disagree. You can’t outfight all of them on your own. Like hell if I’m leaving you here. Blake looks over at me and I can see the worry covering his face. I know he wants to protect me, but there’s only so much he can do. Kate, please… He keeps pleading, but I don’t listen to him as I turn my head towards Fagan.

- You’re not exactly impressing me, Fagan. I thought you were all about doing this with your own bare hands. Have you got such a low self-esteem that you need what, seventy wolves to help you out? Don’t you think you can handle Blake on your own?

I take a few steps forward. I notice Blake look over at me, but I choose not to look back at him.

- Oh, my dear, I do intend on taking on Blake on my own. I’m not letting anyone of these wolves even touch him. I meant the rest for the two of you…plus your entire pack.