Chapter 19 - "A Familiar Scent"

Blake’s pov:
After our first time making love, we were both so gutted that we both just fell sleep right away. We crawled underneath the covers and she made her way closer to my body and rested her head on top of my chest as I put my arms around her. It was still rather early in the evening, but we were both too tired to find anything else to do but enjoy the silence that occurred. I’m still recovering to full health from what happened three weeks ago so that was all I had left in me for the day…but what a day it was.

Waking up the next morning, I see Kate’s still sleeping with her head on top of my chest and I can’t help but smile weakly to myself. I just lie there and watch her sleep, breathing in and out, in and out. She’s just too sweet and too innocent for a world like this. She’s even more innocent to be facing the dangers that she is by being by my side. She looks like an angel who’s even more beautiful than I can remember from the first time I saw her. Just looking at her like this, nothing else truly matters.

I move my left arm up on her shoulder and plant a soft kiss on the top of her head as I sense her moving slightly and coming to it. I keep smiling at her as she turns her head up towards me and we share a light kiss on the lips before she settles on my chest as a weak ray of sunlight enters through the curtains.

- Good morning, my love…

I let out as I take a deep breath before I look down on her. She giggles lightly as she raises her head closer to mine.

- Good morning…

She answers as we keep our heads turned towards the window where the sunlight makes its appearance.

- It is a good morning, isn’t it?

I ask as we watch the sunlight enter the room and Kate moves slightly closer to my neck.

- You bet it is…

She answers after a moment.

- How was your sleep?

I ask as she settles in comfortably on my chest.

- I’m not gonna complain. It was rather glorious after quite an evening.

She answers as I look down on her smiling for a moment.

- I’ll agree to that.

I answer as we share a light kiss on the lips before we just lie still for a moment.

- Weren’t you gonna shower last night? I just remembered…

I almost laugh to myself and she joins in.

- And whose fault was it that I never got to that point?

She asks me rather accusative as she gets up and gathers the clothes that she had originally picked up the day before. I just lie in the bed and enjoy the view from the bed. It doesn’t take long before she notices me exhale deeply.

- Hey, stop looking, you perv! I suggest you get up on your feet.

She says almost insulted, but at the same time flirting as she throws a piece of clothing towards me.

- Hey, I was just enjoying the view.

I justify as I sit up slightly and get my boxers on. After a moment she tilts her head past the door-frame to the bathroom,

- No, you were being lazy.

She answers sharply as she closes the door and I shake my head smiling. If every morning is going to be like this, I can’t wait for tomorrow. I’ll be the happiest man alive, that’s for sure.