Chapter 16 - "Worries"

Blake’s pov:
I barely have strength to keep awake for any longer. There was just a part of me that knew that Kate needed me to wake up for a moment and let her know I wasn’t going anywhere. I was relieved to see her safe. With what Fagan said about waging war on her pack, I was scared I wasn’t going to make it for a while, but now that I have, I’m gonna stick to my promise and keep her safe as soon as I can get up on my feet.

Originally, I was afraid of any possible nightmares appearing in my head regarding what happened to me in the woods, but with Kate lying right next to me, they don’t appear at all. I’ve got no strength to deal with that right now either. I just want to focus on getting back on my feet and help this pack defend itself against Fagan. I’m deadly determined to fight for this pack now, knowing that my issues in the pack has never been the packs themselves, but Fagan somehow getting to me every single time I found somewhere else to call home.

I know that I will get that stable atmosphere here. They have been right distrust me at first, and I’ll say I wasn’t quite sure about the pack itself either, but now I know I’ll never be in a similar position ever again. I have my mate, and I have her family knowing the truth about me…hopefully. It might take a month before Fagan comes back, if he does. He’ll be doing that, believing me to be dead, which will be an advantage for me as I recover and get back on my feet.

I know I’ll have to tell Kate and her mother about that pack, about my past there and the role I’ve actually had. It will come with time, but right now, I just want to focus my strength on recovering physically and mend my connection with Kate.

Her head resting on my shoulder brings all sorts of chills to my body. It’s almost like I sense my body wants to get this recovering over with now that we’re back on the right track. When I wake up the next morning, I get turn my head slightly and watch her sleep like an angel. I smile a little bit as I move my left hand further up and get to her shoulder as I notice that her hand meets mine and our fingers intertwines before she opens her eyes.

- Hey, you…

She lets out as I smile down at her.

- Hey, you

I answer before she snuggles up against my neck before we both see the door open and the Luna steps inside with a tray of food.

- Oh, thank God, you read my mind just now…

I hear from Kate we listen to her stomach rumble like crazy and she turns slightly reddish in her face.

- No kidding…

I let out as I look at her smile while her mother puts the tray down. It contains of one hell of a sandwich and a bowl of soup. As much as that sandwich looks inviting, I hardly think it’s meant for me considering I’ve just woken up from some serious injuries. To be honest, my stomach feels slightly let down.

- Are you feeling strong enough for some food, Blake?”

The Luna answers as Kate removes herself to let me sit up straighter. It’s hard because I only have one arm to use and at the same time, all of my wounds are around my lower ribs so it hurts like hell. However I do manage somewhat as the Luna places the tray on my lap and she hands me the spoon for the soup while Kate grabs the sandwich. She thanks her mother as she leaves the room and it’s just the two of us.

- You want the sandwich, don’t you?

She says, almost rubbing it in my face.

- I remember the blessed taste of it, but it’s probably a good idea that I start with this soup.