29

"Why? Why Juhee did you have to betray me?" Ju Yong pulled her hair harshly, making her crane her neck back as she withered in pain

"Oh if I could just kill you right now." He seethed. But his orders were clear, to find his daughter and bring her back to Mingi. He let go and reached into the pocket of his blazer. He pulled out his phone and quickly dialed a number.

————

"Mingi, Ju Yong is calling you." Mingi gritted his teeth as he threw one last punch at the punching bag, sweat dripping down his face, neck, and chest. He wiped away the sweat on his brow and snatched the phone from San's hands.

"What?" He spat as soon as he answered.

"I found Juhee."

"Where are you?" Mingi wasted no time getting to his car he had to see her for himself to believe Ju yong.

————

Juhee grasped her father's hands as soon as he ended the call.

"Appa please. Please don't make me do this. Eomma didn't agree to this. I know-" Juhee held back a sob. "I know she ran away from you. She contacted my friends to take me away." Juhee explained. Ju yong's head snapped in his daughter's direction.

"Is that what they told you?" Ju yong turned in his seat to face his daughter.

His devious mind came up with an idea.

"Taehee is dead Juhee. Your mother died in their hands. Your "friend's" hands. They took you to lure her, you're probably next on their list." Ju yong lied without even blinking. His face conforming into one of sadness as he tricked his daughter into believing his lie. He knew very well that Taehee had died in his hands.

"What?" Juhee froze. Her breath caught in her throat. "No. No. No. You're lying. She's not dead. Chenle- Chenle told me."

"He lied." He spat. He forced his crying daughter into his embrace. "I'm sorry i had to be so harsh. I was so worried about you. I cant lose you too." He said squeezing her as a devilish smirk made its way into his face.

Juhee felt her heart constrict. Her mother was dead? Dead?

Her father's words circled in her head like the last of water in a drain. Juhee's entire body shook as she melted in her father.

She couldn't believe that her mother died in the hands of the people that Juhee trusted. She couldn't believe that Chenle could do such a thing, but then she realized that she barely knew him.

A single group project, midnight rendezvous, the a benefit of a doubt didn't mean that she knew him. How could she be so quick to trust him? Her heart tore to pieces imagining her life without her mother. Was she so blinded by her little infatuation that she led her mother to her own demise? How could she be so- so stupid.