23

Long chapter ahead :)

"Boom"

Standing frozen in the clearing. Chenle felt his heart drop to his stomach.

Dream, Johnny, and Kun were helping him look for Taeyong and Juhee in the wetlands above their hideout. So far they were unsuccessful, not even a scream was heard. The rampant sound of chirping birds was cut off by the loud gunshot that came from close by.

"Fuck." Haechan looked up at Chenle worriedly, they might have been too late.

"Keep looking!" Chenle demanded his worry not seeping into his unwavering voice. The boys moved further into the area that was surrounded by trees.

Chenle mentally beat himself up— he was meant to protect her.

"Is that-" Kun's voice was cut off by Chenle.

"Hyung." His eyes immediately dropped to the gun still in Taeyong's hand. Reaching up to wipe the sweat on his forehead, he felt hotter suddenly.

It wasn't heat from the search though, it was anger. The one good thing he had in his life, the one pure thing he had— he had lost.

His feet carrying him forward before he could even process it, Chenle halted a few feet away from Taeyong.

"Did you do it? Did you kill her?" Chenle spit out, venom dripping from his voice. Taeyong scoffed, pushing Chenle out of the way with his broad shoulders.

"It's in the clearing." Taeyong cleared his throat, "Alive."

Chenle didn't wait to here the rest, he ran towards the direction Taeyong had come from. Not long after, he spotted Taeyong's red Jeep.

His eyes feel towards the white cloud laying in the green. Her face covered by the tall grass. If she wasn't in such a poofy dress, he wouldn't have noticed her.

Why is my heart beating so fast? Why do I care so much about her?

Stopping right next to her, he sighed seeing the damage Taeyong had caused. A new feeling filled him. One he never felt before: guilt. Bending down, Chenle let his finger graze over her cut lip. The blood stains on her dress, made Chenle wince. She lost a lot of blood already. Not enough to kill her, but it was still bad.

"You found her?" Chenle's head snapped towards Johnny who was standing a couple feet behind him. Chenle didn't bother replying, the answer was lying unconscious in front of the both of them.

"Put her in Taeyong's car, I'll drive us back." Chenle heard Johnny's footsteps move further and further away and then a door slam shut. Gently pulling her to a sitting position. He moved on arm around her torso and his other arm under her legs, which was of course hard with all the layers of her wedding dress. Standing up he walked towards the car, the car door was left open for Chenle to put her in the back.