07

School was no longer a source of excitement for the 17 year old

School was no longer a source of excitement for the 17 year old. She was filled with dread at the thought of going to school and seeing them there. It had been a week since the incident, and Juhee had managed to ignore the six boys. She didn't even know if the boys cared enough to come find her, but she didn't want to take the chance. Juhee made sure to walk with a friend no matter where she went and always was on guard in case they decided that this was the day they'd shoot her up.

Today was Friday and unfortunately for Juhee, Jun and Chan were both absent. Chan was sick so he didn't come and Jun stayed home because he was stupid. Juhee kept her head down in class and didn't talk to the people around her as much. She felt like she was succeeding in keeping a low profile.

"Today we're starting our book clubs that will end at the end of this semester. I'm going to come around with the cup and each of you will pick one of the slips. Then go to that number table." Juhee prayed and prayed hoping she'd get anyone in the class except the six boys. Her teacher approached her last, holding the cup out to her. Juhee's fingers shook as she reached into the ceramic cup.

"Everyone check what you got and quietly move." Juhee got 5 so she didn't have to move from the back.

The chair in front of her screeched against the tile making her glance up. Her eyes widened at the sight in front of her. There in all their glory stood none other than two members of the group of people that Juhee needed to ignore for the rest of her life. Her head snapped down as she held her breath. Her hands moved shakily to her lap. Juhee pinched her thigh. It had to be a dream, except instead of opening her eyes to her room. She was still in class.

"Juhee! Yay. At least we're in the same group." Juhee looked to the side at her friend Lani who was moving to sit beside her. Juhee gave her a small smile trying her best to keep her composure.

"Oh no Ju you look a little sick. You're so pale."

"You look like you saw a ghost." Juhee looked towards another voice.

"Na eun-ah! Yay you me and Juhee. The trio is back." Lani exclaimed, reaching over Juhee to high-five Na eun.

"Let's all introduce ourselves." Lani said taking control of the group. "So I'm Lani and I'm excited to work with you guys!"

"I'm Na eun."

Lani nudged Juhee prompting the girl to speak.

"I'm Juhee." Juhee's mouth drew into line. Great now they new her name and they know where she lives.

"Chenle."

"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Jaemin." Juhee glanced up at the last boy. Wasn't he a little too preppy for a gangster?

Their teacher began going over the book options and the deadlines, but Juhee was having a hard time concentrating. She closed her eyes trying to suppress her growing migraine. Juhee made up her mind. She couldn't live like this anymore, she had to confront them before they confronted her.

Juhee was distant during gym class, her favorite class. And distant again during her favorite thing in school, lunch, but she was just trying to figure out what she would do.

When the bell rang at the end of the day, Juhee noticed the boys get up and walk out in a snap. The girl barely managed to put her things away in her pursuit to chase them. Her backpack was hanging off one shoulder as she ran behind them. They didn't go to the regular student parking lot. They went to the back parking lot. There was less cars there and it felt more isolated. Obviously students weren't allowed to park there.

"Excuse me." Her voice was soft and didn't project like she hoped. "Erm, excuse me!" This time she had gotten their attention.

They all turned around, but to Juhee it seemed like slow motion.

She began to stall as all their eyes focused in on her. She put her backpack on property and pulled its straps. She rolled forward onto her toes and back again onto her heels.

"What?" Juhee bit her lip as she looked at the impatient Jisung.

"Um well. I'm just going to say it." Taking a deep breath she began to ramble. "I know you know that I know that I saw you that night. And I know that you killed someone. And I know one of you shot someone and I know you know I know. But I won't tell anyone. I mean I haven't either. And I won't. Please don't. Please don't kill me."

Juhee didn't dare look up, but she did hear the scoff leave someone's mouth. She heard footsteps and glanced up to see them walk away. Juhee's eyebrows furrowed and the wind blew her hair over her face.

Chenle couldn't help but think about how the stupid girl had thrown herself between him and Jisung and their enemy's knife. He turned around and stared at the girl. Sighing he dropped his backpack onto his bike and walked back towards the girl.

"Wha-What?" Juhee's eyes widened as Chenle began moving closer to her. Instead of stopping a few feet in front of the frightened girl. He continued closer to her. Entertained by her blatant fear. Every step he took towards her she took one away.

"What do you want?" She asked, her voice shaking. Chenle smirked. His lip twitching trying to break out into a smile, but his smug look danced on his face as he finally stopped.

The roar of the other boy's engine could ignited behind him. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Jeno zoom past them followed by the rest of the boys. There unnecessary speed in the school parking lot created a strong gust of wind.

Juhee gasped as her skirt flew up. She hurriedly moved her arms to hold it down. Chenle then took the opportunity to grab her arm and pull her closer to him. He reached up causing her to flinch. He slowly brushed her hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear as her eyes moved to meet his.

"You're crazy." He mumbled looking into the girl's innocent and naive eyes. Juhee's lips parted in surprise as Chenle turned on his heels and walked away. The boy got on his bike and brought the engine to life before speeding out. The air around her setting down after a couple minutes as if that didn't just happen.

"What the, did that really just happen?"

It's 2:23 am and my AP Psych test is today and I haven't studied yet and here I am updating

Wish me luck because I need it!

ily