08

Hungry eyes gawked down at Juhee, who awkwardly twitched in her seat

Hungry eyes gawked down at Juhee, who awkwardly twitched in her seat. It was Saturday, and unlike other Saturdays, Juhee was spending it at a library. She had gotten there extra early so she could save a table for her and her group, and all the other students who couldn't get seats were staring her down. She inwardly cursed hoping that her group would get there faster as she apologetically smiled at the onlookers. Her phone buzzed on the table.

Naeun:
Juuuu-ah me and Lani are running a little late

we'll be there soon though <3

Juhee rolled her eyes, not even bothering to reply. She slammed her head down onto the table in front of her feelings embarrassed that everyone was looking at her. The chair beside her moved.

"I'm saving these spots." Juhee spoke without checking who it was.

"Yeah for us." Her head snapped up at the familiar voice.

"Oh." She was surprised to see him actually attend their meeting and even more surprised to see him alone.

"Where's Jaemin?" Juhee asked avoiding meeting the boys eyes. Chenle thought it was amusing to see her so dazed by just his presence.

"Am I not enough?" Juhee glared at the boy.

"We need everyone so we can figure out what we're going to do for our book club."

"Sucks." Chenle sat down on the chair. "So what now?"

Juhee sighed, "We should wait for the girls before we start." Chenle nodded copying Juhee and pulling out his phone. The boy had taken a keen liking to Juhee. She was different. Yes she was like every other high school girl in the country, but to him she seemed different. She seemed bright, in his dark, dark world and he was afraid to get too close. Would be swallow her light with his darkness?

Chenle tugged at his lip ring with his teeth as his gazed shifted from his phone screen to the girl sitting beside him. She was preoccupied with watching TikToks on her phone and a smile began to creep up on her face. The boy, for the first time, took in the girl's features.

Her hair was dark brown almost black, Juhee tucked her long hair behind her ear, but it kept escaping cascading across her face. Her light brown eyes appeared like honey in the bright light of the library. Chenle's eyes followed her hand as it moved to push back her hair again. Her hands looked small and soft and her skin was comparable to porcelain.

The young gangster peered down at his own rough palms and tanned skin. He was so used to holding guns and knives and the girl beside him probably couldn't even imagine his reality. It seemed like he knew everything about her and then nothing at all. She was an enigma and Chenle needed to figure her out.

'If i bed her, I'll get over it.' He smirked, averting his eyes. The boy had, like always, managed to push his emotions aside.

Snapped out of his thoughts when Lani and Naeun arrived, he stood up.

"I'm leaving."

"Wait what? We just got here though!" Lani exclaimed.

"Sucks." Chenle shrugged, looking down at the unfazed girl beside him. Her hair had covered her face again, Chenle leaned down and tucked away her hair himself. Letting his warms fingers linger by her ear before he disappeared around the corner.

Juhee didn't mind though she was glad he left. Taking a deep breath she began dismissing the young gangster's rude departure and then began discussing the schedule for the book club.