24

It has been so long— too long. I missed you!

Running his hand across his mouth, Chenle clenched his teeth

Running his hand across his mouth, Chenle clenched his teeth. Looking up at Taeyong past his unruly hair. Metallic taste filling his mouth, yet he remained adamant. Unfazed by Taeyong's angry stare.

He made a 'mistake,' according to Taeyong, and of course he would have to pay for it now. Yet no matter how many times he had gotten punched or kicked, he didn't regret his decision. It made him more resilient if anything.

"Do you know what you're getting into?" Taeyong spat. "You're getting the rest of us fucked with you."

"I know." Chenle gasped out. His legs trembling, he had been kneeling for an eternity. "But how much longer are we going to coexist with the clan? We can take them down now."

"The plan we've had for years, we're going to throw down the drain? You want us to take on the clan now because of a girl?" Taeyong found his anger level doubling. Pushing himself off the desk he was leaning on, Taeyong clenched his fist. Throwing another punch, he rolled back onto his heels as he blew out air onto his fist.

"Get out of here." He spat. Stalking over to the door. He threw open the door and left, leaving the door open for Chenle to leave.

Taeyong hates having to discipline Chenle, let alone any of the members, but as the leader he had too. He had to be tough and teach them well. He might not be the oldest, but he definitely matured faster than the rest. If he hadn't, most of them wouldn't be alive today.

Sighing as he entered his room, he slammed the door shut and went straight to the balcony to do what he did everytime he had to do what he just did.

It was just past noon and he still hadn't made a decision about the girl. He knew what his head was thinking, but his heart was elsewhere.

Obviously he wanted to be supportive of Chenle. This was the most emotion the boy had shown since he'd found him.

Lighting the cigarette, Taeyong rolled it around with his fingers. Deep in thought, until a small sneeze brought his attention back down to Earth.

He caught sight of the girl sitting in the lawn. Although their headquarters was all underground, they had managed to replicate the outside world with precision. Outsiders wouldn't be able to differentiate between the underground and the outside.

He looked eyes with her. Her small hand inched upward. Quickly tucking a stray strand behind her ear, she waved at him awkwardly. A small smile on her face. Juhee was cautious, last time she had seen him, he tried to kill her.

She was hoping they could get along now that he was aware that NCT was actually supposed to help her.

"Juhee!" Her head snapped in the direction of Chenle's voice. "What are you doing out here?"

"I got bored and decided to explore."

"You can't just leave without telling me. It's not safe." He snapped. Ignoring Juhee's concerned gaze as her eyes took in his bruised face.

"What happened to you?" She gasped out. Rushing towards him. Chenle turned away, just has her hands approached his wounded face. Her hands froze, midair, she slowly retracted her hand until it fell limp at her side.

'Was he mad at her?'

"Just— Just go inside Juhee. And don't leave the room until I come to get you. Don't make this harder for me than it already is." He spat. Turned on his heels to walk inside. As he got closer to the building, he caught sight of Taeyong who was still standing in his balcony. Seeing the disapproving look from Taeyong he tugged at his hair. Hoping it would ease the rising headache.

Now he truly was at a crossroads. He was defying the one person who he truly respected. While pushing away the one person who made him feel human.

It dawned on him: He couldn't not have both. He could not have both Juhee and Taeyong

Right?

Letting a sigh escape from his bloodied and chapped lips, he pulled out his cigarette and indulged in what he did best. Running away— from his thoughts and his problems. Running to the high and the ecstasy of alcohol.

HI GUYS

HI GUYS. IT'S BEEN 2 MONTHS SINCE I LAST UPDATED.

I KNOW THIS UPDATE IS DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE WAIT, BUT I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO KEEP YOU WAITING ANYMORE AS I FIGHT MY WRITER'S BLOCK.

I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FOR THAT.

I'll try to be more consistent for you loves <3 Thank you for your patience and support. I love each and every one of you so much❤️

Is there anything you want to see?

Any scenes?

Until next time!

ILY