CH 4: You Are Not!

Mew never acknowledged Gulf as his husband. He just treated him like his employer. He would ignore Gulf at home if he isn't talking about work. But thank heavens that a big project came to them and Gulf himself had to take care of it. It meant that this couple had to talk a lot even post office hours. Mew was living in a separate room from Gulf. Mew was always insecure that Gulf might start forcing his feelings onto him. 

Little did he know, that the other man was hurting his own mental state just so that Mew could be comfortable. Gulf was now dependent on Mew. He couldn't be himself if Mew stayed away for too long. Keeping Mew in his sight was how Gulf made sure of his safety. And his own sanity too. 

They had been married for three weeks now. But they were not even on the same book to be on the same page. Gulf loved Mew as a man. But Mew, on the other hand, saw Gulf as nothing more than his employer. Gulf was hurt but could not show it. He was afraid that if he showed his feelings any more than he was already showing, Mew would leave him. And there had already been this condition Mew made. Mew would go to his own house every weekend and only go back to their place on Monday after work. Gulf could not refuse as Mew did need his own peace of mind, which he only got when away from Gulf.

Gulf was hurting so much but he could not show. His heart was growing weaker day by day and he couldn't complain against it. He had to endure all the killing pain, just to see his precious person. Mew could not care less. Though, he didn't want Gulf to hurt like that. 

Yes, he did notice all the efforts Gulf had been making just for his comfort. He could see the hurt in the younger's eyes. But he didn't do anything out of fear. He was afraid that he might give Gulf hope. But giving him hope and then shattering it would hurt Gulf worst. So he tried avoiding Gulf. It was better if Gulf stopped having feelings for him. It would be easier. He totally forgot that they were married. As a married couple, they were expected to be in love. Or to act like that. But both of them were running away from it for just one person's comfort.

***GULF'S CABIN***

Gulf was going through all his emails. He had so much work for the past week. That one week when Mew took a break, it was hell for him and his team. They could not rest properly. Gulf had become a zombie. He didn't have the will to keep living anymore. He had never seen Mew be so angry. Of course, he knew that Mew gets angry. And he used Mew's anger to get out of some situations too. But he never thought that Mew would spit all those words on him. He was hurt but too stupid to not stop loving him. 

As Gulf was spaced out, the door to his office opened. He thought that it might be Yibo. He only man who knew everything from the start. But it was...Mew?

When Gulf recognized who it was, Mew was already standing near his desk. Gulf looked at him, confused. Mew had been avoiding entering his cabin as much as he could. Mew would have Wan send all the files and folders to him. Mew would take orders through the telecom instead of going in and hearing it directly. Mew would only accompany Gulf to meetings. But today, right now, Mew was standing in his office without invitation.

"Anything wrong?" Gulf arched his brows. Mew shook his head. He saw an envelope in Mew's hand and just kept staring at it. Mew coughed to gain his attention and passed. Mew placed the envelope on Gulf's desk. Gulf's eyes followed Mew's veiny arms.

'RESIGNATION LETTER' It read. The FUCK? Gulf's eyes were shining with hurt, again. Mew noticed the change from confused and happy to sad and hurt. Gulf looked up in Mew's indifferent dark orbs. Mew saw the pleadings and questions in Gulf's bambi eyes. He just let it go unseen. Gulf lost all his strength.

Finding some of his lost strength, Gulf asked, "What is this?" Mew sighed, "My resignation." Gulf was furious. "Why are you resigning?" Gulf tried keeping calm. Though he was already gritting his teeth while speaking, he kept his composure.