CH 16: Will Phi Be Here?

These chapters of the past are going to be much shorter than the usual ones.

The reason I am writing Mew's past in multiple parts is that I want to focus on a particular set of events from his past and elaborate them well. For your better understanding, of course.

And these chapters don't have a fixed word limit. So, they can be half the usual chapters or damn short.

- Wan

___________________________________________________

MEW'S PAST pt.1

A kid was sitting by the corner of the pond, weeping and mourning. He was on his own, no one on the search for him either. The seven-year-old kid had lost his mother some days ago. But his father kept it from him until today, her funeral. The moment he returned home, he ran to this pond where he used to stroll around often with his mother. All those memories of his mother were playing in his little head like a movie.

He was thinking about the times when he would return from school and his mom would be waiting at the door, ready to pepper his face with kisses. The nights when he would have nightmares and run to his mom. She would tell him fantasy tales and sing him a lullaby till he fell asleep. The times when he was getting late but his mother still fed him his breakfast before taking him to school. He would miss going to the amusement park with her. He thought of when his mom made his favourite dishes to pacify her sulky little Mewie.

After all, it was his mother who had been taking care of him since ever. His father worked in another city and was rarely with them in Bangkok. He was going to miss how his mother smiled when his father brought her flowers. Now, it was going to be just him and his father. They were the only family left to one another. Now Mew had only one person to be called his family. But he didn't know how to ask his father about his mother's death.

All the little kid knew was that his mother had a disease and was in the hospital therefore. And the next moment, his father was picking him up from one of his colleague's house where Mew had been staying. He had come there to get Mew ready for the funeral. At first, Mew didn't even understand why was he dressing up. All his father told him was, "We're going to see your mom." And Mew couldn't be happier. It had been a long time since he had seen her. But when he saw that picture of his mother with a garland on it... he lost it. His tears were flowing like a speedy river. He was a sobbing mess. He didn't know that his father was actually taking him to his mother's funeral. He had lost his mind. His father hugged him tight and the kid only fisted the shirt of his dad.

He was sitting by the pond to let those tears out which he couldn't earlier. "Mom! why did you leave me without telling me!!!", Mew yelled at the sky. He felt some little hands on his back and he turned to see who it was.

It was a kid around his age maybe a little younger. He had beautiful eyes and his cheeks were so puffy. His hair fell on his forehead and his nose was like a button. "Why are you crying?" the kid asked. The innocence adorned his doe's eyes. Mew was not in the mood to talk to anybody, "None of your concern." Mew turned back and buried his face in his knees. "But everyone cries for a reason!" the kid was persistent. He added lowly, "And I don't likey tears." Mew answered him because he found this kid so annoying, "My mom died! Do you expect me to smile when she left me forever?!" The kid was taken aback by the stern tone of the older. He didn't understand what 'died' actually meant, but he wanted to comfort the crying boy because he said that she won't return ever again. And so, he hugged him.

Mew felt like this was the hug he needed. No questions. No trials of quieting him. Just a comfortable embrace where he could cry all he wanted. The younger kid was patting Mew's head from one hand and from the other he held him close.

After what felt like hours, Mew finally stopped crying. But the younger still didn't let go of him and Mew didn't complaint. He felt so nice in those tiny arms. "I have to go now or momma and dada will be worried," the younger pouted. Mew pulled away, "Can't you just stay here, with me?" The little kid shook his head apologetically. Mew's head fell again.

Then an idea irrupted in the younger's head. He asked, "Will Phi be here tomorrow? Then we can meet again!" Mew had no problem with the set up. "I will wait for you here at the same time then," Mew beamed a smile. This kid might be Mew's first friend. He never had friends in school because they all were too stupid for a kid with a high IQ like Mew. And they were all always up for childish things but Mew was too mature for his age. But Mew felt like bending a little for this stranger he had just met. It was the warmth he needed the most right now and even his father wasn't able to give him this.

The two boys parted ways and went back to their places. Both were waiting for tomorrow to meet the other again.

The next day, Mew was already there by the pond. But the other kid was nowhere to be seen. It was already a little past their appointment time. But then Mew heard the kid calling him and he turned. He was welcomed by a bear hug from the younger and he instantly smiled.

From then on, the two would meet every day and know more about each other. They would only play by the pond because no one came there. That was their secret hideout.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so this is the story Mew is telling Gulf about his first love. And it has only begun.

Double Update!!!!

Please vote and comment.

- Wan <3