CH 5: SATISFIED?!

Love me, hate me, call me crazy. I. DO. NOT. CARE.

I'm about to do something kind of unacceptable. I wish you won't question my sanity.

- Wan

____________________________________

Mew had accepted his fate. 

He knew that he can't escape Gulf forever so he lessened ignoring him. But he still had drawn boundaries that Gulf was aware of. Mew was fine with being friends with Gulf but that would hurt the younger. Not to forget that Mew had his own reasons to be a solitary person. He knew if anybody knew about it, they would hate his existence. So, he just tried enjoying being alone instead.

Gulf was now a little better as Mew was not ignoring him all the time. Mew had forgiven him for what he did when Mew gave his resignation letter. Mew agreed to work for Gulf if that means that Mew gets his concerns, even just a little. Mew was trying to be friendly with Gulf but had also set limits. Gulf was happy with the progress they had made. He knew Mew wasn't going to fall in love with him but at least they could live their married life as friends now. Gulf was too easily satisfied.

Though, Gulf would still coo over every conversation they have at night when he was alone in his room. He just let Mew be in another, he understood that Mew needed his own private space. Just sharing a house with Mew was enough for him. They would have breakfast and dinner together. And Mew would go to his place on weekends, he said he missed his mom and that's the only place he could feel her presence. Creepy to hear but the memories of his other were vivid to Mew as if his childhood was only yesterday.

Right now, Gulf was sitting in their living room. He had just talked to Yibo and his boyfriend about how much he had advanced. Xiao Zhan could never believe that the Gulf Kanawut who was all giddy-up is the same man who never shows expression in meetings and parties. Gulf's friends callED it the 'MEW EFFECT'. Because only one man, Mew Suppasit, could make Gulf into that childish person. Now all Yibo wished was for Mew to eventually accept Gulf and never leave him. He remembered the day when Gulf confessed to Mew. Gulf was a mess, and the only time Yibo remembered Gulf being so vulnerable was when they were twelve, and when they were sixteen. He never saw Gulf cry after that day until Mew rejected him. 

When Gulf told him what all Mew had yelled at him that day, Yibo was shocked that Mew could be that fierce. But he somewhere saw something in Mew. He saw some kind of hesitation in his eyes. He straightaway knew that Mew didn't act that harsh willingly. But Mew had to act like to keep himself safe? He guessed. Whatever it was Yibo wished for the two to end with it.

Mew wasn't home. It had become a 'home' now, thanks to their developing understanding. Mew had some personal matters to be taken care of so he went out, alone. Gulf was pretty fine with it. He was even obliged by the fact that Mew informed him before heading out in the morning. But now, it was evening already and Mew hadn't returned. 

Gulf was starting to panic. He called Win and Wan to ask if Mew was with them but Mew wasn't. He tried calling Mew but he won't pick his calls. Is he ignoring me again? Gulf asked himself. But I haven't done anything to anger him this time, he was losing his sanity. Gulf wanted to call some private investigators to track Mew. But that would be stalking. He didn't want Mew to hate him again. It took him so long to gain his trust. Mew, where are you? Gulf could cry any minute now.

Gulf was about to head out to look for Mew himself but he heard the door click open. It was Mew. Gulf was so relieved to see no visible harm on Mew. 

Mew seemed to be in a rush. Gulf stopped him, "Where have you been? I was sick worried." Mew just ignored it. Mew was clenching his stomach, he looked constipated. Gulf asked again, "Hey! answer me! Are you okay? Is your stomach aching?" Gulf was gentle with his words but Mew just wasn't in the mood. Mew clicked his tongue, "Can you stop being nosy for once?" Gulf tried to stay calm.