CH 20: The End Of It All

Prepare your tissues, I would suggest. I ugly cried while writing and editing this part.

- Wan

____________________________________________________

MEW'S PAST pt.5 [end]

It was Mew's eighteenth birthday. If Glaze was still with him, in two years they would introduce themselves with their real names, and 'Doughnut' and 'Glaze' won't be needed anymore. Mew was excited to see what present had Glaze sent him this year. Mew happily hopped down the staircase. He saw a box at the gate and picked it. It was for him, from his beloved.

Mew picked it up and saw a note attached to it.

'Talk to this when you miss me. I'm trying to go back to you as soon as I can - My Doughnut's Glaze' it read.

Mew couldn't help smiling like a fool. He quickly opened the box. It had a small doughnut-shaped plushie in it. Mew sniffed it and it smelled like his Glaze. "I wish I could confess to you," Mew said to himself and went back in with the plushie and the note. But his birthday wasn't supposed to be so peaceful. The moment he got inside, Jenna was waiting for him. "Happy birthday, brother. Is that for me? Oh, how sweet of you," and Jenna snatched it from Mew's hands. Mew was ready to let the hell in him lose. "Give it back Jenna!" Mew said, trying to control himself. Jenna smirked like she always did whenever she was going to ruin something of Mew's.

Jenna asked Mew, "Are you sure about that tone of yours?" Mew's eyes were fuming in anger. "I said! Give it back! That's mine!" Mew yelled. Jenna was so done with Mew at that moment. She took a pair of scissors and ripped the small doughnut apart as cruelly as she could. Mew couldn't do anything. He just stood there, thinking how Glaze would react when he knew of this. His eyes swarmed with tears and he slapped Jenna. But in no time his father and stepmother walked to them.

"Mew, even if this is your birthday it doesn't mean you could slap your sister!" his dada said. Why can't he see my hurts? Does he even remember that I am his child and not Jenna?! Mew was done with this family. Pling was checking on her daughter. "Why don't you care about what she did?!" Mew yelled. Pling intervened, "What crime did she commit that you slapped her, huh?" She wasn't worried, she was totally angry. "She ruined my ONLY birthday present and I can't even slap her!?" Mew yelled again. "Just what present was so important, Mew?" his father was trying to calm the situation. Mew's tears started a race down his face, "It was from Glaze! and she ripped it! How can I not get angry?!" Mew turned to his father.

"Why don't you try making new friends? You're still stuck with one friend from years, Mew," his father asked. He was worried about his son's mental health. "I could! But thanks to your lovely daughter that I can't even talk to people straight!" Mew told his father. "What do you mean?" his father asked. "No one would believe me anyway! All you care about is those two. I'm not even existent here," Mew let his feelings out. His father was shocked by his son's accusations. But he couldn't be angry at Mew for that. He knew that ever since he remarried, he had been trying to get his wife and stepdaughter accustomed to their family. But in all this, he had been forgetting about his son's feelings. He even forgot to consider his marriage with his son. After all, he wanted to remarry because he wanted to get Mew a new mother. But he seemed to have forgotten to ask if Mew was happy with all this setup.

Mew clenched the note in his hands and turned to the gate. "Thank you for ruining my birthday. Once again," the last words went unheard because of his sobs. Mew ran off to his hideout, the pond.

Mew was crying worse than he ever had. He was regretting everything he ever did with Glaze. He found the warmth he needed, and so, he befriended him. He now regretted being friends with him. He was too used to the warmth and he was left in the bitter cold, again. Glaze wasn't there to comfort him. Glaze doesn't even know that Mew was crying right now. Glaze probably did not even care. This broke Mew more.

Mew had been enduring for years. The death of his mother was his first scar. But Glaze helped him heal it. Then his grandma died, another scar which was healed. But their healing didn't mean that it didn't hurt anymore. They did hurt but Mew had Glaze to talk to. Then came his worst scar. It was when Glaze left him. He somehow endured it knowing that he would still get letters from him. And seeing that present today, he was so happy. He could finally have something to talk to other than that t-shirt. But his stepsister just couldn't bear to see him smiling happily. She ruined it. And his father, who knew how important Glaze was to him, took the side of someone who isn't even their family. Neither by blood nor by feelings.

Mew was yelling to the pond, "First it was mom who left me! Then grandma! Dada doesn't love me anymore!" He paused to gain breath, "All I had was you left with me! And you had to leave me too! You don't even bother to visit me once in all these years! You never even bothered to tell me your real name!" Mew was so mad. Mad at himself. For not realizing all this before. He continued yelling, "Now I don't even know what you look like! YOU FUCKER!" Mew was wailing, but there was nothing to comfort him. "I should have understood back then itself. I'm such a fool. You never really wanted to be friends with me. It was nothing but pity. You just pitied me so we became friends" this was in a lower tone. But the hurt was evident. "It's the end of it all. I won't care about you anymore."

But that surely wasn't the only cause of Mew's misery. His stepmother took all the revenge she could for that one slap. But what they had done to Mew was a billion times worse than a slap. He had to repay for that slap as if it wasn't a slap but a murder. And in his second year of university, his dada passed away in an accident. Jenna and Pling didn't even care to attend his funeral. They were happy that they got three-quarters of the dead man's property. But they still lounged at the house that belonged to Mew solely for many more years.

It was Mew who was more successful. It was Mew who got a decent job first. It was Mew who endured it all without complaining twice. But he had nobody who would congratulate him or be proud of him.

He was all by himself until the chirpy Win Metawin interfered in his still and dull life. After so many years he found someone who he could befriend. Though Mew could never see the younger as more than a little brother. Mew couldn't look a anyone the way looked at Glaze, he was helpless in this matter. And then came the chaotic mess of their trio, Wan. Mew was content to have just these two idiots commending him. Because they weren't faking it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

End of Mew's past. And now we'll go back to GulfMew.

Please vote and comment.

- Wan<3