CH 10: You Know Her? Wh-How?

GULFIE IS BACK!!!

- Wan

_________________________________________________

***OFFICE***

Mew had got a fixed routine for the past eight days. He would get up. Get ready and leave for work. He tried his best to be home as late as possible. Then he would go home and fall asleep in the living room itself. And then repeat the cycle over again. On Saturday and Sunday, he sat by his mom's grave the whole day long. He just wanted to be anywhere but his house or Gulf's.

Mew and Wan were sorting some documents when suddenly Wan looked up. "Good morning, sir," she greeted. Mew looked up and saw Gulf standing there. "Good morning," Gulf looked at both of them. He saw Mew's surprised face. Did he wish for me not to return this soon? Gulf deduced from Mew's face. Gulf felt a pang in his heart. It hurt. Both of them were gazing into each other's empty orbs that were only filled at the deep bottoms. But were brought back to reality with a ringing phone.

It was the telephone. "Hello, yes?" Wan was quick to answer it. "Oh, okay. Sure, I shall contact you again about this soon. Thank you. Have a nice day," Wan kept agreeing to whatever the person on the other end said. "Who was it?" Gulf asked. "Pleum Corp. They would like to get an appointment this Friday. For the signing that was postponed," Wan explained. The mention of Pleum Corp brought a mild smile on Gulf's face. He remembered the 'sister' he made on his vacation. He was kind of excited to meet Puifai in a professional environment.

Mew noticed that smile. But he didn't understand why was Gulf smile. The Gulf Kanawut he knew, would keep a stern face at the mention of any company. Then why was he smiling at the mention of Pleum Corp, Mew didn't understand. "Friday is the day after tomorrow, right?" Mew asked. Wan nodded. It was like Mew was intentionally ignoring Gulf. Which he was. He couldn't stand the smile. Gulf just went to his cabin.

"His schedule is empty that day. Okay, book an appointment for Friday. I'll prepare the paperwork," Mew said as he got absorbed in his computer. Wan didn't understand the situation in front of her. Mr. CEO disappeared, P'Mew was sad. Mr. Ceo's back, P'Mew doesn't give a damn. What the hell is going on between these two? Wan was confused.

***MEWGULF HOME***

When Mew reached there, Gulf's car was already parked. He just walked in and sat on the couch. "Should I talk to him?" Mew asked himself in a low tone. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what words he should use with Gulf anymore. He didn't want to hurt him more. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize that Gulf was now sitting in front of him.

"What happened to you?" Gulf had concern in his eyes. But his tone somehow failed to do the same as his eyes. Mew snapped back to reality. "Nothing," Mew stated. Mew was drained of emotions and expression now. "When did you come back?" Mew asked. Gulf didn't know if Mew was asking with genuine consent or just for the sake of it. "Last night," Gulf replied.

Only if you told me earlier, I would have been here, Mew thought. Guilt.

"I didn't see you here, where were you?" Gulf asked. Mew looked at him with apology and regret in his eyes. But Gulf was too dense to identify it. "I went to my parents' house. I had something to do there and then it turned late so I just stayed there" Mew lied. He didn't know why, but he lied. Gulf furrowed his brows, Since when did you start giving me so many details? It's nice to hear it though.

Gulf stood up and smiled. "I'm tired, I'll go to bed first," Gulf said. Mew saw Gulf's figure disappear as he ascended the stairs. What happened to you? How did you change so much within two weeks? Mew wanted to ask.