CH 8: The Runaways

GULF'S SITUATION

GULF'S POV...

I've been here, at the beach house, for two days. I don't know what to do. Mew was opening up to me, I thought I now have a chance. But I believe I was wrong. Maybe I should have tried better. Or maybe I shouldn't have tried at all. Was I trying to push my luck?

Why can't I just stop loving him?

I remember the time he came for the interview, five years back. The way he walked into the room, his confidence and aura were so strong. I felt I lost my heart to him the moment I felt his presence. I didn't even need to look at that face. I just knew that he was going to be the one I would cherish for the rest of my life. His voice was even sweeter. Damn, I was so crazy about him the moment I saw him. On his first day at work, he handled everything like he had been working for decades when it was only his second job. He was always so charming.

It had been so hard for me to love him secretly for all these years. But even worse when he knows I love him. Before, I never had to care that he would walk away. But now, I have to be mindful of everything I do around him. I have to be careful not to cross the limits he has set for me.

He said he loves someone else. I wonder who that lucky person is. Being loved by such a great man must be great. I wonder what he or she looks like. I wish I can meet them. No. I won't do anything bad to them. Hurting them would hurt Mew. I can't hurt Mew. Anybody in this world but not Mew. He is already way too precious for this world to deserve. Does the person he loves so much even know about Mew's secret? I think I am the only one who does. He said that he doesn't like talking about it. That must mean that I am the only one who knows that he is a hermaphrodite.

I feel special. Sigh. But he just told me because I demanded to know, not because he wanted to... I guess I'm not that special after all.

Why does he have to hate me? Can't he be a little nicer? I just like him and am courting him. Okay, after getting married to him, but still. Can't he at least be a little appreciative of my efforts?

I threw whatever was in my hands at the moment at the beach. SHIT! Wasn't I holding the keychain Mew got me? I am such an idiot. My eyes were already brimming with tears as I was rushing out of my house, running towards where I threw the keychain.

I can't afford to lose it. That's the only gift Mew ever gave me. DAMN YOU GULF KANAWUT! HOW IN THE HELL COULD YOU THROW IT AWAY!

I was already pacing around at the beach. Looking down at the sand as carefully as I could. Tears were falling down from my eyes from time to time. I am so scared. What if can't find it? NO! I have to find it no matter what! You can do it Gulf! You can find it. You. Have. To. Find. It.

I still couldn't find it. It's been about an hour. I just flopped down on the sand, frustrated. I was grabbing my hair. And someone pats my shoulder. I don't want to show anybody my face while I'm crying. It's too embarrassing. But, this person pats again.

"Is this yours?" it was a girl's voice. Could she be talking of the keychain? I instantly looked up. My eyes met with a very beautiful girl's. She was holding out her hand to me. My keychain was placed on her palm. I quickly grabbed it and thanked her.

"I never thought the great businessman would go haywire over a keychain," she said. "Who are you?" I asked. She just giggled. Do I sound like I am kidding when I asked? She smiled widely at me. What is wrong with her?

"I'm Puifai. CEO of Pleum Corp," she again held out her hand. This time asking for a handshake. I complied. "If you are trying to talk business with me, then please don't. This is not the time for it." I said bluntly. Her jaw dropped, "If I was to talk work, I won't be here. I'm on a break." I looked at her suspiciously. "What? Oh, well I'm sorry I didn't go to the contract signing we had for the new project yesterday. I ran away a day before." She said. I looked at her, confused. "Are you talking of the investment thing for the Chiang Mai resort?" I asked. She nodded. "I ran away before knowing of that meeting. Sorry" I gave details. She looked stunned.