CH 25: Mew Should Be The Top!

"What did we do?" Gulf asked. Far as he could remember, neither he nor Mew had done nothing to anger Fon.

"Ever cared to tell me that Mew is a hermaphrodite!?" Fon yelled. Gulf and Mew's eyes were wide in shock. They were still to talk to her about this, so how did she find out? March came in and held Fon. "We can talk peacefully about this, please Fon," March was talking to Fon.

Mew's nightmare was playing right in front of him. I should have told her about this before the marriage itself. It would have spared all this drama, Mew had a gloom on his face. His eyes were brimming with tears. Not everyone could accept the fact of a man getting pregnant or just having a womb. And to Mew, Fon seemed to be of that sort. Though he didn't blame her.

Mew was worried ever since he told Gulf about this. He was worried if Gulf would even be able to absorb his words. But Gulf did. He accepted Mew happily. He made Mew feel accepted and loved... and normal. Living with the messed-up family Mew had for years, he never thought that anyone would want him even after knowing this. This was Mew's darkest secret. Mew never had a relationship with anyone, ever. Not because he was not good-looking. Not because his step-sister would spread filthy rumors about him. Mew was always the top student in the field of academics and looks. He had many admirers.

There were people who courted Mew in his schooling life. There were both girls and boys who wanted to be with him. There were a lot of people who had a crush on him even after knowing those rumors spread by Jenna. But Mew did not want to take a risk. He didn't want to risk this secret of his. People would just despise him and nothing else. He was afraid of trusting someone. Because all those whom he trusted in his life, his mom, grandma, Glaze, had left him with incurable scars. He didn't want to trust someone and let his secret become the talk of the town. He didn't want to be talked of behind his back.

The rumors Jenna spread were enough for him. She would go around telling people that Mew had some mental issues. She would say that he had suicidal tendencies. She would say that he was obsessive so it is better to keep away from him. And people would believe her because she was his sister. No one knew that they were family just by a piece of paper that had their parents' signatures on it and not by feeling or even blood. Mew never had a chance to make friends till he started working. Because he and Jenna had to go to the same university as per his father's wish.

But in his first job, he could not make friends. He no more remembered what it felt like to have a company of someone. He forgot what it felt like to smile genuinely and not just stretching his lips to his ears because he is supposed to. All he did in his first job was work. When his colleagues asked him to hang out together, Mew would decline. He didn't want to get drunk and spill his tea. He wanted to keep away from those heart-to-heart talks. He didn't even know if his heart was still functioning or not. He had never felt anything for years. As the days of his teenage passed, his heart grew numb and numb.

In his second job at GD Corp, he still carried on being his stiff self. He was too dense to read others. And he was too complicated for others to read him. He remembered the day Win had approached him during break time. Mew had stretched his lips into that fake smile so as not to seem rude. But Win was not buying it. Win told Mew, "It's okay if you don't want to smile. Fake smiles hurt worse than no smile. You should only smile when you really feel like it. Forcing yourself to do so isn't good." He was the first one to break through Mew's first wall of defense. Win became like a little brother to Mew. Mew could let his guard down around him. And when Wan came to work with them first, Mew didn't know if to be friends with her or treat her like he treated everyone else other than Win. But even she managed to break through his defenses unknowingly.

Mew had found two stupid younger sibling figures. He couldn't count the times he slept at Win's place because he didn't want to look at the face of his stepmother. Wan turned out to be the crazy kind who loved shipping two guys together. She was always trying to turn Win gay and set him up with whichever man she found worthy of Win's ass. These two were the first ones to find Mew's secret out. Wan had just squealed in excitement. "I thought of you as such a high and mighty top! But you turned out to be the cutesy bottom," Wan had said when she found out. Win just accepted and was actually happy that Wan would stop trying to ship them.