CH 21: No!

Back to the present! Yay!

- Wan

______________________________________________________________________

***GULFMEW'S ROOM***

Mew fisted his husband's shirt and bit his lips to control his cries. He had cried enough over Glaze. Gulf drew comforting circles on his husband's back. Gulf felt at fault for not finding Mew sooner. Mew smiled through his pain and Gulf felt so bad. Mew said, "I never got anything from Glaze after my eighteenth birthday. I think he himself had enough of all that." Mew dug his face deeper into Gulf's chest. "So that's why you hate pity so much?" Gulf asked in a breaking voice. Mew nodded. Gulf had much more to say to Mew than he had imagined. He just got another situation to clear.

"I wonder why he even bothered to send me a plushie that year," Mew sadly marked. Gulf's guilt was eating him up. He could not stay shut on this matter anymore. Gulf spoke up, "Because, I was there!" Mew got up. "What do you mean by you were there?" If Mew was getting it correct then Gulf was claiming to be... his Glaze? "I was there! When you were crying by the pond. I even brought dad with me to meet you! But..." Gulf lost his voice. Mew was confused and curious, "But what?" Gulf sat up. "But then you started cursing me. I wanted to run to you but dad stopped me" Gulf replied. "Tell me everything!" Mew ordered.

----------- FLASHBACK (GULF'S ACCOUNT) -----------

Gulf was standing near a tree by the pond. He was sure that his doughnut would come there. His intuitions told him so. He dragged his dad with him because he wanted him to meet his Doughnut. March had always been curious of this friend his son had made. Gulf would go to his grandparents' house every day since he was six years old. But he won't stay with the old couple. Gulf would run off to his 'secret playground'. But he would never reveal where that playground was. All he ever said was, "My Doughnut must be waiting for me." And then he would only return after the sun had set already. March even tried to send bodyguards with his son. But the notorious kid would slip through.

March remembered the tantrums Gulf threw when they had to move away. Gulf even said that he could live on his own. But Fon somehow made him agree with going with them. March told his son to go and bid farewell to his friend. March and Fon weren't even sure if this 'Doughnut' was actually a person or just an imaginary friend their son made. Gulf returned home crying. He cried, "Doughnut only had me. And you're taking me away from him." Fon had asked him, "Did your Doughnut say all this to you? Is he stopping you from going?" Gulf shook his head and cried more. He said, "His eyes tell me he's hurt. Why can't I just stay here for him!?"

Gulf sent presents for his friend for five years. He even sent his report cards' pictures in the letters. He wanted to tell Doughnut that he was doing fine. And before the teenager knew, he already had a crush on his Doughnut. And his love never faded for the boy he first met crying.

Looking at this dedication of his son, March decided to move back to Bangkok. Gulf was the happiest kid on earth at that time. March asked to meet this friend of his son. Gulf agreed to bring his dad with him.

They were hidden behind a tree near the pond, waiting for Doughnut to come. Gulf wanted to surprise him. But when Doughnut arrived, Gulf saw the tears in his eyes. He wanted to run to him and ask him what was wrong. But he held back. He didn't know why but he held back. And then Doughnut started cursing him. Gulf wanted to hug his Doughnut so tight but he couldn't move from his position for some unknown reason.

He never pitied Doughnut. He really wanted to be friends with the older. Gulf sent him those presents all these years because he wanted his Doughnut to know that even if they have been apart he never forgot about him. He sent all those presents from the money he saved from his pocket money. He would save that money for the whole year and would buy something for his Doughnut. He even insisted on paying the shipping charges of every letter and presents. He was this mature and responsible just because of Doughnut. And this was why his parents were so grateful to this friend of their son they didn't even know.