CH 6:Unexected Meeting

***GULF'S CABIN***

Mew was standing near Gulf's desk, Wan beside him. "When do I have the business trip to Chiang Mai?" Gulf asked. Wan replied, "This Saturday to next Wednesday. P'Mew will accompany you. The flights and hotels are booked already." Gulf nodded. It was Friday already. "And while we're away, Chairwoman and Mr. Wang are the ones taking care of meetings here. Wan will deal with the details," Mew concluded. Gulf nodded in agreement to the arrangement.

***MEWGULF HOME***

They had just returned from the office but the lights were on. Mew walked in first and was greeted by a warm hug. "Ah! My sons! How has Gulf been behaving?" it was Fon. Mew smiled at her. "Hi mom" Mew greeted. Fon frowned, "Just a 'hi'? Where are my welcome kisses?" Mew chuckled.

When she was still alive, Mew's mom would always shower Mew's face with kisses. She used to say, "My son's chubby cheeks are for nothing but sweet kisses." And right now, Fon was hugging him like he was her own son. After their marriage, Fon cared much more about Mew than for Gulf. Gulf would sulk that his mom doesn't love him anymore. Mew could now feel things that he had kept in his fantasies for more than a decade. He was melting at the love this family was giving him.

March didn't talk a lot but he had his own ways of taking care of his two sons, Gulf and Mew. Fon seemed to forget about her husband and son whenever Mew was around. Mew was so thankful to heavens that he could have a family like this, even though he wasn't ready to accept Gulf as his husband. The fact that he married Gulf on Fon's request and not for his heart, doesn't change. But Gulf never forced Mew to love him back. The way Gulf acted with him, Mew knew that this boy was having a hard time controlling his feelings. But what Mew loved about Gulf was that he accepted him for what he was.

Acceptance was something Mew had always wished for and now he had Gulf to talk to. Though, Mew wasn't sure if March and Fon would be fine with it. But as long as Mew doesn't love Gulf, which he never could, no one would find out. Mew was a dedicated man and he could not stop loving his first love. Though his first love doesn't even know of his feelings. Mew would keep on loving the same person forever.

Mew didn't realize there were tears running down his face. "Mew, are you okay?" Fon asked, bringing Mew back to reality. Mew looked down at her and shook his head with a handsome smile on his face. "If this idiot ever troubles you, just call me without a second thought," Fon told Mew as she wiped his tears away. Mew nodded. "But why would I trouble Mew?" Gulf pouted as he snaked his arms around Mew. Mew glared at him. Gulf backed off immediately and surrendered.

"Why are there so many painkillers lying around?" March asked. Mew's periods for this month had only ended and the painkillers were all over the place, all thanks to his painful cramps. Mew's eyes widened. He was afraid that they might not accept him anymore. So he made an excuse, "We've been working on a new project and we don't get enough rest."

Gulf understood that Mew didn't want to tell their parents about it just yet. He can just tell them, they won't go crazy, Gulf thought. "And so...?" March still didn't understand the presence of those all over the place. Mew was stuck for words. Gulf saved him in time, "Mew had a bad headache because of overworking so those are for him. This project is really important." Mew looked at Gulf with thankful eyes.

"Is it the same project that you're signing contracts next week?" Fon asked. Gulf nodded. "But why did you two come without informing?" Mew asked out of curiosity. If it was Gulf who asked, Fon would have nagged at him for hours. "Just wanted to check on you two. The dinner's ready. Eat it after washing up. Now we're going on a date," March said. He put an arm on his wife's waist. "So you won't eat with us?" Mew made puppy eyes. Fon pat his head and denied.