CH 7: I'm Tired

Gulf was dead serious about courting Mew.

Once they were back from Chiang Mai, Gulf's plans were in full swing. He started making their breakfast every morning before Mew even wakes up. Mew never expected Gulf to cook so well on his own. Gulf took care of all of Mew's likes, dislikes and allergies. Gulf would treat Mew special just when they're in their office. Their team knew of their marriage but the rest of the office didn't. So Gulf had to treat Mew indifferently when they get out of their floor. Gulf would present Mew with bouquets of orchids to show his sincerity, every day. Gulf would flirt with Mew any chance he got but would shut up the moment Mew glared at him. He didn't want to anger Mew.

On Mew's periods, he would give him lesser work. Gulf would stock multiple flavours of ice creams and all sorts of chocolates. Mew would tell Gulf whatever he craved for and Gulf would take it as a mission to get Mew what he wants. Gulf would cuddle with Mew and still use his hands as heating pads when they already got a new heating pad. Gulf would shower Mew's face with kisses when he sulks. Of course, he avoided those alluring lips of Mew.

Mew just let him do whatever he felt like. All this was going on for two months now. And now, he was reaching his limits.

Limits of guilt.

It was known to Mew that Gulf was already hurting. He knew that he was pushing Gulf away. And it hurt Gulf. But pushing Gulf away was the most decent way out for him. He was afraid of what will happen to Gulf if he yelled at him. The last time he did, it is said that Gulf turned to a zombie. So yelling is not an option this time. Maybe he could try talking to Gulf.

Mew didn't want anybody to be hurt because of him. And that was exactly what was happening to Gulf at the moment. Gulf was hurting because Mew won't accept his love. Both of them knew it but Gulf could still not stop. He had been hurting on the insides like hell but won't let anybody see those scars.

Mew knew it because he saw how brutally Gulf was torturing himself to keep close to Mew. He saw it deep in Gulf's eyes. He could see how Gulf was screaming silently in pain, not making any noise. Mew had seen how happy Gulf would get whenever they would be talking. He knew Gulf's favourite time of the moth was his periods because he got to take care of Mew for the whole week.

Mew didn't like the condition Gulf was putting himself just for his sake. He wanted all of this to stop. He couldn't let this situation continue any longer. He had to talk to Gulf one day, so why not make it today?

They were heading home at the moment. Still in the car. He didn't give me flowers this morning, I think he understood, Mew sighed in relief. "Stop the car here," Gulf ordered the driver. "Just a minute," Gulf smiled at Mew before getting off the car. "What's going on in that head of yours?..." Mew said under his breath. A few minutes, maybe five, later Gulf opened the car's door again. A handsome smile decorating that bright face of his. He got in and handed Mew a bouquet full of different kinds of flowers. It had all the flowers in shades of red, pink, or white.

There were lilies, carnations, salvia, and myrtle. The lilies were red, showcasing Gulf's passion and declaration of his love for Mew. The carnations were in two colors. White ones calling Mew sweet and lovely. And the pink ones telling Mew that Gulf will never forget him. The red salvias in the bouquet were to mark Mew as Gulf's forever. And the myrtles were probably there to wish a good and lovely married life ahead. Mew was surfing through the internet, finding the messages these flowers were meant to convey.

Once he decoded them all, Mew let out a heavy sigh. He's really not ready to give up, are you? Mew mentally facepalmed. Just what did he need to do so that Gulf stops courting him?

"Take it to where I told you before," Gulf again ordered the driver who just nodded. "Now where are we going? Gulf, let's just go home, I'm really tired," Mew intervened. Gulf saw the exhausted expression of Mew and told the driver to turn towards their home. Mew closed his eyes, planning how he could talk to Gulf without hurting his feelings.