CH 17: Doughnut Glaze

Tiny update. Enjoy

- Wan

___________________________________________________

MEW'S PAST pt.2

The two had already been friends for almost a year now. But they didn't know the most basic thing about each other. All they ever cared about was what the two liked playing or eating. Mew's father had been asking Mew to live with him but little Mew refused. He didn't want to lose the only friend he had. Mew even told his dad that he was fine by living alone until his father came to visit him every weekend. Though he was hesitant at first then Mew's father agreed. He knew that his son was capable of living alone and they even had such a great and helpful old lady as their neighbor, she offered to take care of Mew while he was away. Mew's father couldn't leave his job because he had to be able to provide for the two. And Mew had already decided to not leave Bangkok.

The two were sitting by the pond like ever. "Nong?" Mew called. The younger looked up. Mew questioned, "We both meet so often but I still don't know your name. Why do we never talk about this?" The younger pouted his lips as he thought of what he was just asked about. Then he said, "I don't know Phi's name too. But I don't complain about it." Mew frowned, "But if I tell you my name but you don't tell me yours, it will be so unfair." Mew grumpily turned his back to his friend. "Then let's not tell our names now! We'll tell each other when Nong is eighteen!" the younger suggested.

Mew thought for some time and then agreed. "But then how do we call each other till then?" Mew asked again. The younger smiled widely, "You can call me Glaze!" The younger then pointed to his own face, "See! My skin is shiny like the doughnut glaze!" Mew chuckled and kissed the younger on his cheek, "You even taste like the sweet glaze" They both chuckled. Then the younger sniffed Mew's neck, this made the older flinch. "I'll call Phi as Doughnut! You smell like it. So sweet" Glaze said. Mew ruffled his hair, "Sure, Glaze! And glaze and doughnuts are always together, so don't leave phi na" It was an indirect request. Now this kid, Glaze, was the only one who could make Mew smile this wide.

That day Mew was surprised when he got home. His father was in the kitchen with the old lady he now called grandma. "Oh Mew! you're here sweetie" Grandma called out. "Why is dada here? It's not weekend yet," Mew remarked. Though he was so happy to see his father home. "My Mewie!!!" his father squealed and hugged Mew tightly.

"Where were you?" his father asked. Mew smiled and replied, "I went to the pond to meet my friend!" His father's eyes spoke worry. He asked his son, "And who is his friend?" Grandma answered for Mew, "It is a kid a little younger than our Mew. The two seem happy together" His father just nodded. Mew furrowed his brows, "How do you know him grandma?" He was still in his father's arms. Grandma smiled, "I once followed you there. You two were too busy playing some game so you didn't notice me." Mew and his father nodded.

"But what is his name?" his father asked him. Mew's face lit up as he only got a name for his lovely Nong today. "Glaze!" Mew replied cheerfully.

His father didn't ask further as this was the first time he saw his son smile like this after his wife had left the two. He missed this sunshine smile on his son's face. And now that it was back, he couldn't be happier. He no more cared for who this friend might be. All he cared about was that this new kid was his son's happiness. And he wanted to see his son happy no matter what.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Mew's stepmom and stepsis have not entered the game yet.

Please vote and comment.

- Wan <3

NOTICE

To all the readers,

I won't be updating till March as I have exams from next week and I have to study. But when I'm back, I'll give multiple updates for this story. So don't think that I abandoned this story. Even if it takes an eternity, I will complete my stories. Without ending them, my soul won't be at peace.

Till then it's bye bye.

From Wan.

P.s. I don't know how the hell am I gonna manage without wattpad for two goddamn weeks. Shiaa.