CH 13: Come Home, Please

Gulf had been trying to talk to Mew but it only made Mew move further backwards. Mew wanted to run away from Gulf but whichever direction he chose, it was a dead end. So, he chose to keep himself hidden in this maze of their situation. He could only dodge Gulf, but he'd come back to him. He didn't want to involve March and Fon. He was sorry that he could no more fulfil the promise of taking care of Gulf to Fon. He had to think of his mental health too. Though, that thing was devastated already.

Mew was living at his parents' house since the incident, alone. His friends would come to check on him every day for the whole week. But Mew didn't want to face them as they were also forcing him to go to his so-called husband. Mew wanted to go to him too. He wanted to run back to Gulf so bad. But he thought that Gulf already has someone else and Mew didn't want to be the third wheel. He was missing Gulf's embrace so bad. But he didn't know how to talk to Gulf.

The best thing he could do according to himself was to cry. His eyes would pour water out of them the moment he stepped into the house. He couldn't eat properly. He was no better than dead on the insides. Every time his phone buzzed with notifications, he got afraid. He was afraid to see Gulf's calls and messages. He was afraid that if he read those messages, he would run right back to Gulf. And running back in that embrace would only hurt him because for him... Gulf didn't love him anymore. He was afraid to lose even the broken pieces of his heart.

Whatever Mew did, he was reminded of Gulf. Every morning he came to the kitchen, the emptiness of the house reminded him that Gulf is not there with him. That Gulf isn't here to make breakfast for them both. Going to work, he had to drive by himself. Gulf wasn't there to drag him along. When he reached his desk, there would only be files. There were no more flowers waiting for him. Gulf wasn't there to accompany him for lunch. Gulf wasn't there to flirt with him like a teenage boy in his first relationship. All he heard was work-related words or pleadings from Gulf. But he didn't want to hear those.

When he was back from work, he stood alone in the empty premises. Gulf wasn't there to offer him a head massage. Gulf wasn't there for the two to talk about everything and anything in the world. He sat on the dining table alone. He didn't have Gulf to tell him 'I love you' ten thousand times a day. When he went to bed, he didn't have Gulf to wish him sweet dreams by blowing a kiss at him and peek at him through the door until he fell asleep.

On the weekend, Gulf wasn't sitting in the living room with a stupid smile plastered on his face. Gulf wasn't there to listen to the tales of his mother that Mew had never shared with anybody else. Gulf wasn't there to offer him a cup of hot chocolate when he returned from his mom's grave. Gulf wasn't there to wait for him. Gulf wasn't there to welcome him back home. Gulf in his idea was busy with someone else now.

And a whole week had passed just like this. It was another Monday. Mew was standing in Gulf's cabin, listening to his orders. Wan had to take a day off today for some personal reason, was what Mew thought. It was actually Gulf who had planned this whole day with the two friends Mew had. Once they were done with their discussion, Mew was about to leave the room.

"Mew," Gulf called in a soft voice. Mew stopped in his tracks, "Anything else, sir?" He didn't want to stay there longer. Mew knew that Gulf was going to start that topic again. "Come home, please," Gulf was begging. "I don't want to go there. Plus I already will be going back to my home," Mew said, gritting his teeth. He wasn't gritting them out of anger, but because he was suppressing his tears. It was a home he wanted to return to badly but wasn't sure if it was still his. "Please stop this drama," Gulf pleaded. Mew scoffed unwillingly, "I'm sorry but this drama started because of you. You were the one who brought a girl there. Not me."

Gulf had to play his master card to bring Mew home. He didn't know that he would need it so soon. Gulf took a sharp breath, "Then just come for tonight... can you?" Mew turned to him, "Why should I be there. Even just for tonight?" Mew's words were hurting both the men but none of them wanted to show it. "Mom and dad are coming for dinner," Gulf announced. Mew lost this game. He accepted defeat. He had to go there now. He didn't want to disturb those two old souls with his and Gulf's conflict. "What time will they come?" Mew asked.