xvii. sparring and catch ups

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

warning: slightly graphic (but brief) description of injury/knife wound

MARGOT, ALONG WITH VERY FEW OF THE 104TH CADET CORPS, had joined the Scouts

MARGOT, ALONG WITH VERY FEW OF THE 104TH CADET CORPS, had joined the Scouts. That included Jean, Connie, Sasha, Mikasa, Armin, Bertholdt, Reiner, Ymir, Krista and a few other cadets. As usual, not many people wanted to join up to the regiment that was practically a suicide mission. They had also begun training - which was less physical and more focused on understanding scouting formations when on expeditions. It was a lot of information to take in, but also fairly simple

The next morning, Hanji pulled Margot aside, insisting on doing more training. They had made an agreement to train her craft every day, sometimes twice a day. It was coming quite easily to Margot, as it wasn't a difficult thing to grasp. It was just draining, but she figured she would learn to work on that.

   "Don't hurt yourself too much," Hanji said, eyebrows furrowing as they watched Margot pick up the knife they had set out.

   "It's fine, it's just a cut," Margot assured, but was grateful for their concern. Letting out a small breath, she pressed the knife against the palm of her hand, making sure her hand was hovering over the leaf Hanji had picked up from outside. With one swipe, she cut her hand, flinching as she did so. The blood trailed down her palm, before dripping down onto the table, landing on the leaf.

Within a few seconds, the leaf began turning a black colour before shrivelling up, a small flurry of smoke emitting from it. Margot watched as the leaf died, feeling a surge of power in her veins. Looking up at Hanji, she was sure they were close to passing out from excitement.

   "The results were so fast!" Hanji exclaimed, putting both of their hands on their face before picking up the leaf. As mentioned, the blood would only cause harmful affects if it entered the bloodstream, so Hanji was safe picking up the leaf. Although, they were still cautious. "Amazing... Let's try and do the same thing but focus on not killing the leaf. Remember what we read before? You can choose what the blood does. Poisoning is only the default."

   "Right," Margot nodded in understanding. It was overwhelming, and she was still wrapping her head around the whole witch thing. There was still so much more she didn't know about her mother. Why had she given up Augustine and Margot? The letter she had left behind was so vague and ominous. It was clear Rosalind had been in a rush while writing it. But all Margot could do for now was continue the Boudreaux legacy, and learn the craft. Picking up the next untouched leaf, she placed it down on the table.

   "Focus," Hanji reminded her, crouching down so that they were eye level with the leaf on the table. Margot closed her eyes for a moment, before squeezing her already cut hand into a fist. More blood came out of the wound, dripping onto the leaf. Margot focused on rendering the blood harmless, ignoring the stinging sensation in her hand. The blood came into contact with the leaf, but only slightly shrivelled. The change was hardly noticeable. Hanji's eyes widened, adjusting their glasses. "Wow."