iii. confessions

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

MARGOT WOKE UP EARLY, for once. It shocked those in her cabin, used to the girl staying asleep until someone had to literally drag her out of bed. After getting ready, she tied her hair up, leaving a few strands hanging either side of her face before heading out, the morning air hitting her face. She cringed. I hate waking up early. But it had been a day since Erwin had explained the operation, and she planned to see Eren before she had to leave to the outpost with the other Scout recruits, twelve hours prior to when the operation to catch the traitor would take place.

Stopping outside of the boys' cabin, Margot sat down on the grass, informed by Daz who had just left the cabin that Eren was still in there getting changed. But it didn't take long for him to come out, his eyes looking a little tired and his hair a little scruffy. Margot waved at him as he immediately walked over, holding his hand out and pulling her up onto her feet.

   "I think this is the earliest I've seen you up and awake," Eren pointed out, his hoarse morning voice still present. He should have given me a warning, that voice isn't good for my blood pressure, Margot thought.

   "Don't get used to it." Margot looked down at her hands, her mouth feeling a little dry. Why am I nervous all of a sudden? Perhaps it was Mikasa's words that made her more aware of Eren's feelings and subtle actions, also making her aware of her own badgering feelings. But she didn't know how to deal with them. "You look tired. You didn't get enough sleep, did you?"

Her hand came up to his face, her thumb tracing underneath his eye gently. His face turned warm under her hand, leaning into her touch.

   "No," he answered truthfully. Margot didn't have to think hard to figure out why. He was worried the mission would fail, or that he would find out the terrible truth. That Annie, someone he saw as a friend, was the Female Titan. But she didn't mention it, wanting to take his mind off it for a moment.

   "When you get back, you'll talk to me about that thing. What you were going to say a few days ago," Margot told him, dropping her hand from his face. "You never got back to me on that."

   "Right," Eren nodded. "If I get back, I'll tell you."

   "You mean, when. When you get back," Margot corrected, narrowing her eyes in an almost threatening manner.

   "Alright, alright, when." Margot smiled with satisfaction. "You know, Margot, you can be scary sometimes."

   "Good." She looked up at his unruly hair. "Did you even bother to fix your hair?"

   "That's funny, coming from someone who doesn't even wake up on time in the morning," Eren grumbled. Upon seeing her glare, he corrected himself. "Sorry, sorry."

Without another word, she pulled him over to the steps of the cabin. He sat down and she stood between his legs, fixing his hair as much as she could with her fingers. He tried to respectfully keep his gaze down and not stare at her chest, as they were in his direct line of vision. Keyword, tried. By the time she was done, he was proud of himself for not having a nosebleed.