iv. home sweet home

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

( warning : pretty long chapter, sorry lmao )

1 YEAR LATER (849)

THE WINTER TRAINING EXERCISE seemed to have brought everyone closer together, and over the following hear, Margot felt like her friendship circle was broadening further than just Marco, Connie, Jean and Sasha. Everyone had grown to learn that her attitude wasn't really laziness, she just didn't like to stress herself out unnecessarily. They had even found her demeanour to be quite relaxing.

As well as growing friendships, Margot had also found herself in a relationship with a certain cadet. Bertholdt Hoover. It seemed a weird match, an unlikely one, but Margot had grown to him after his continuous attempts to swoon her and his caring nature. They had been together officially for about three months, and both felt pretty secure. However, she hadn't failed to notice how distant Eren had become with her. More distant than before. It had hurt, but she brushed it off.

Surprisingly, Jean hadn't been too bothered about her relationship with Bertholdt. He didn't have an issue with the boy and knew Bertholdt wasn't really a threat to anyone.

Margot let out a small, satisfied sigh as the cadets reached Trost District, where they would be staying for a little while. Her home. The home she hadn't been able to go back to for over two years. She had grown in that time, both physically and mentally, now fifteen-years-old. She couldn't wait to see her mother, and Jean's mother. She doubted Jean felt the same. Jean wasn't particularly fond of his mother, feeling as if she babied and suffocated him too much.

   "This is awesome!" Connie said, walking ahead of the group as they passed by the houses and residents of Trost. "This is the first time I've been in one of the walled cities."

   "There'll be lots of tasty food to eat!" Sasha hoped, a spring in her step as she walked beside Connie.

Bertholdt hadn't let go of her hand since they had arrived, but she didn't mind much. To his right was Reiner and Annie (who scared Margot more than she liked to admit), and to Margot's left was Jean and Marco. Walking behind them was Mikasa, Eren and Armin and all the other cadets.