xii. condolences for the dead

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

THE WALK TO SASHA'S GRAVE was sombre, Connie and Jean walking on either side of Margot as the grey sky created a dull and melancholy shadow over the land

THE WALK TO SASHA'S GRAVE was sombre, Connie and Jean walking on either side of Margot as the grey sky created a dull and melancholy shadow over the land. It was quiet between them, none knowing what to say. The fourth person in their group had died, leaving them as a trio, and that was still difficult to process.

   "Hey! Aren't you a Marleyan? What the hell are you doing here?" Someone had yelled, the noise coming from the direction in which they were heading, along with the sound of someone getting beat up. "This graveyard is full of people your kind killed!"

   "Wait!" Connie ran forward, Margot and Jean following behind as they spotted Nicolo getting beaten up by Sasha's grave. "Let us take care of this guy!"

The Military Police man shrugged Connie's hand away, teeth gritted as he reeled in anger over Nicolo being anywhere near the graveyard.

   "Sorry, please," Jean tried to calm the man down, placing a hand on his chest and trying to ease him away. Scoffing, the man adjusted his uniform and began to walk away, still muttering insults towards the Marleyans. Margot helped Nicolo to his feet, his hands shaking as he kept his head bowed and face hidden from view.

   "Dammit! Why?" He choked out, eyes squeezed shut before he finally met their eyes, tears threatening to pour from his own. "Sasha's really dead?"

   "Yeah..." Jean confirmed, his shoulders hunched in a dejected fashion. Margot removed her hand from Nicolo's shoulder, shoving her hands into her pockets to hide how much they were shaking. I can still feel her blood, she thought, lip trembling as she held back her tears. It's the only reason I'm able to fully accept that she's gone.

   "Why? What the hell were you guys doing?" Nicolo questioned. Mikasa arrived next to them, probably having come to visit Sasha's grave, too.

Sasha's death was explained to Nicolo as they made their way to her gravestone. The airship, the child who had shot Sasha, everything. It was difficult retelling the story, but Nicolo deserved to know.