xviii. motherly love

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

   "WHY ARE WE HERE AGAIN?" Eren grumbled, trailing beside Margot as they walked through Trost District

   "WHY ARE WE HERE AGAIN?" Eren grumbled, trailing beside Margot as they walked through Trost District. It had been a week since his return, and the pair had been spending a considerable amount of time together - something Sasha constantly pointed out, and something Jean often grumbled about distastefully. This also meant she was spending more time with Mikasa and Armin - mostly the latter. She still hadn't managed to build much of a relationship with Mikasa.

   "To visit my... cousin." It felt strange calling the woman she had seen as a mother for most of her life "cousin", but that's what Mila was.
Technically her first cousin. Although, Margot would always see her as a motherly figure forever. That much wouldn't change. "I asked Jean, and he had errands to run. And Hanji said I had to bring someone and insisted on bringing you."

   "I wonder why," Eren grumbled quietly, knowing exactly why Hanji had insisted on him coming. "Uh, so this is where you grew up? With Jean?"

   "Yup," Margot replied. The place was still being repaired after the breach. Some of the places she used to hang out was covered in rubble, and it was hard to look at. But according to Mila, their house had remained untouched. It had been a few weeks since the attack, and progress in restoring what it once was was going well. "I'm sorry for dragging you along. I would have come on my own-"

   "It's fine," Eren reassured, staying close. He didn't know the area well, and it was fairly busy with people bustling around. "Well-"

   "Margot!" The girl in question closed her eyes for a moment, recognising the voice. She grabbed Eren's hand, and began pulling him forward, ignoring his confused expression. "Margot, are you ignoring me?" Obviously.

It seemed her attempt to escape the unwanted guest was futile, so she stopped walking and turned around, Eren doing the same. Stood before them was two boys, both taller than Margot and Eren but around the same age. They both had hideous smirks on their faces, ones Margot had hoped to never see again.

   "Wow, you've changed, haven't you?" The boy to the right spoke. He had reddish-brown hair and brown eyes, and had his hands shoved into his pockets. His name was Klaus, while the friend beside him was called Otto. Otto's green eyes shamelessly raked down her body, not caring for her discomfort. "Last thing I heard, you signed up for the Scouts with Jean. You're lucky you didn't become Titan food."

   "I guess so," Margot retorted, her tone sounding apathetic. She would've turned and walked away, had Otto not interjected.

   "Who's the guy? He looks like he's gonna pop a blood vessel," Otto chuckled. Margot glanced at Eren, who certainly looked pissed off. His hands were balled up into fists, his furious teal eyes trained on the two boys. "Is he your boyfriend or something? Finally got bored of Jean? It was about time. Although, you stopped by last year, didn't you? Word was that you were with a different guy. You sure know how to get around, don't you? But still, you never gave us a chance-"