iii. the woven basket

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

RINGING

RINGING. That's all Margot could hear, the gunshot from the anti-Titan rifle having momentarily deafened her. But that was the last thing on her mind. Margot felt as if everything around her had been put on mute other than the ringing, only aware and being able to feel the blood on her face. Eren's blood. Hands shaking, she lifted it to her face, seeing the blood on the promise ring he had gotten her. She had never taken it off, but now it was stained with his blood. Gripping her face, she fell to her knees, all composure leaving her body. She didn't even register Jean grabbing her and trying to bring her back to the present. She couldn't hear him - she couldn't hear anything.

   "Margot! Margot, stay with me," Jean pleaded, his repeated shaking of her shoulders slowly bringing her back to the present. She felt nauseous but managed to hold down the contents of her stomach, looking at Jean with watery eyes. "Come, it's not safe here. The Titans-"

Margot was about to ask why he was acting so nonchalant about Eren being beheaded, his blood still staining her clothes and skin, but when she turned to the beheaded boy in question, there was only a blinding light in its place. And at simultaneously, the walls began to crumble to their foundations, bricks flying and anyone who was atop of them falling with it. One by one the walls broke down, and in its place stood Titans the size of the Colossal - positioned in rows as if waiting for orders.

   "Jean!" Margot was quick to snap out of her shock, grabbing the boy and activating her gear by flinging them both up onto the nearest building, narrowly missing a large piece of debris that would've most likely killed them. However, even once settled on the roof, Jean didn't let go, their eyes glued to the Titan that was forming where Eren previously laid.

His new Titan form was large enough to make the Wall Titans look minuscule, an arch of bones that curved and twisted as it moved forward, leading the Wall Titans away from Shiganshina, no walls left to stop them. Glancing over her shoulder, Margot saw more Titans approaching from the other walls. Maria, Rose Sina - all following after Eren.