xvi. decision making

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

HISTORIA QUICKLY WIPED AWAY HER TEARS as Mikasa, Margot, Eren, Armin and Captain Levi walked in, a letter held tightly in her hands

HISTORIA QUICKLY WIPED AWAY HER TEARS as Mikasa, Margot, Eren, Armin and Captain Levi walked in, a letter held tightly in her hands. Plastering on a smile, she approached them, passing by Hanji and Jean who were already seated in the room. Immediately, the three of them bowed while Captain Levi stood behind them. Margot couldn't do the same, the pain in her torso not allowing her to do so.

   "Your majesty," they all greeted. It felt strange greeting Historia in such a formal manner, and it seemed that even the girl herself felt the same way.

   "Stop it. It's not an official position yet!" Historia quickly stated, waving her hands as a light blush dusted her cheeks. Sighing, she looked over them with a sad look in her eyes. "So much has happened, hasn't it? But all I did was stare at the south sky from within the walls."

   "It's an important duty of yours just to stay alive," Armin reminded her.

   "Yeah. Can't have you dying before you even become queen, am I right?" Margot added. She was trying to be helpful but her naturally dark sense of humour escaped her. Before anyone could scold her, Historia smiled, clearly finding humour in Margot's statement.

   "I'm glad to see you're all acting like usual," Historia chuckled.

   "I think it just hasn't sunk in for us yet," Eren said, his voice dull and quieter than usual. Margot slipped her hand into his, giving it a light squeeze.

The military hearing was quite a drag for Margot, and Jean had to nudge her every so often to make sure that she hadn't fallen asleep. The senior officers went over the revelations found in Grisha Jaeger's journals and Hanji summarised the mission to Shiganshina District and how they had more enemies behind the walls, not just the Titans. There was also the revelation that all of those within the walls had the ability to turn into Titans. Hence why those within the walls were a target to the world - they wanted to eradicate those who may rule the world once again. The Subjects of Ymir.

   "Grisha Jaeger achieved his mission of retrieving the Founding Titan and gave it to his son, Eren. In order to get its full power, it must be possessed by someone with royal blood," Hanji further explained. "However, even if that person possesses the Founding Titan, they're enslaved by the King's ideals to renounce war, which only leads them down the path to humanity's downfall. But Eren was still able to control the Pure Titans in a dire situation, so it may be possible without royal blood to wield that power."

Margot, who was once again falling asleep, was startled awake as the table in front was pushed forward from the sheer force at which Eren abruptly rose from his seat. Brushing her hair away from her face, she willed herself to stay awake this time, holding her head up with both her hands. Jean snickered beside her and she kicked his ankle, hushing him up.