vi. utgard castle

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

11 HOURS AFTER TITANS SPOTTED

BY THE TIME NIGHT FELL, Gelger's south team and Nanaba's team met up after failing to find any signs of breaching in the walls

BY THE TIME NIGHT FELL, Gelger's south team and Nanaba's team met up after failing to find any signs of breaching in the walls. Instead of searching again, they decided to rest in the ruins of a castle until the morning, when they could resume their search. That's how Margot found herself sitting in the castle with Connie, Bertholdt, Reiner, Ymir, Krista, and four top Scouts - Nanaba, Gelger, Lyanna and Henning.

Lyanna and Henning kept watch outside of the castle while the recruits stayed inside, sitting by the fire to stay warm. Margot was beyond tired, and even though it was insisted that they slept, she didn't want to. She couldn't. She instead laid on her front with her head resting in her arms, listening to the conversations going on but not participating much. That is, until the conversation turned to Connie's village again.

   "Connie, what about your village?" Ymir questioned.

   "It was destroyed," Connie murmured, the exhaustion clear in his voice. "Crushed to sticks and rubble by Titans."

   "I see... How awful."

   "But nobody there was eaten," Connie quickly added. "I think they all escaped, so there's that to be thankful for. The houses and stuff were wrecked, but the villagers made it out safely. If anyone was eaten, then... there would have been blood and remains. But there wasn't any of that, so it's the only explanation."

   "Still..." Connie continued, bowing his head. "I can't stop thinking about it. There was that Titan at my house. It couldn't move on its own, but it was lying right on top of my house. But it's weird - I don't know why, but it reminded me of my mother. What does that-"

   "Connie," Reiner sighed, sounding exasperated. "You're still saying that? You-" Ymir cut him off with a loud, mocking laugh, throwing her head back in amusement. Margot turned to her, wondering what was so funny.

   "What an idiot!" Ymir exclaimed. "You think your mother might have been that Titan? Then how come you're so damn short, huh? Come on, Connie! I knew you were pretty stupid, but this is taking it to another level!"

   "Would you just shut up?" Connie tried to say, but Ymir only continued.

   "If this theory of yours is correct, that means your father had to be a Titan, too." Ymir smirked. "Otherwise, you know... they couldn't do it-"

   "Shut up and go to sleep, you wench!" Connie shouted. Before Ymir could say anything else to aggravate the clearly upset boy, Margot stepped in.