ii. fugitives

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

EREN WAS GONE BEFORE SHE WOKE UP, having had to leave early to do more experiments with Hanji

EREN WAS GONE BEFORE SHE WOKE UP, having had to leave early to do more experiments with Hanji. Margot pulled herself out of bed and sluggishly walked back to her own room to freshen up and get changed into new clothes. As she moved around, she eyed the bag Kenny had given her, before carefully opening it, seeing the three extra books she had been given as well as a few other small items, including a silver cigarette lighter. Kenny must have left the lighter in there by accident, Margot thought, shrugging. 

   "This witch stuff is so much work," Margot sighed, sitting cross-legged in her bed as she pulled out one of the books. A translator, presumably the language Kenny had mentioned her mother tried to teach him. Carefully opening it as to not tear the fragile pages, she began to read, deciding to pass time before the others returned to the cabin.

It was only a few hours before that happened, a knock sounding on her door. She called whoever it was in without looking up from her book, and Eren entered, looking dejected as he walked over to her after closing the door behind him.

   "It didn't work. Again," Eren informed her, referring to his experimenting. "I didn't even get to ten metres, and I couldn't fully transform. They shelved the plan to use my hardening ability to seal Wall Maria. I'm exhausted..."

   "Go to bed and get some rest, Eren," Margot insisted, holding out her hand. Eren sighed, his shoulders slumped as he trudged over to her, kicking off his shoes before climbing in and laying his head on her lap while she sat up with her back against the headboard. "Don't stress about it too much."

   "I'm holding everyone back. Your training with Hanji is going fine, but I just can't..." Eren trailed off, rubbing his tired eyes. Margot placed her hand on his head.

   "You're not holding anyone back. Just take your time, okay?" Margot insisted, leaning down and kissing his forehead. "Get some rest for now."

Eren pulled her hand over and kissed the tips of her fingers before nodding, falling asleep rather quickly due to his fatigue. Margot made sure he was asleep before she went back to reading, trying to wrap her head around the foreign language.