vi. the send-off

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

MARGOT WAS GONE BEFORE THE SUN had a chance to fully rise

MARGOT WAS GONE BEFORE THE SUN had a chance to fully rise. She didn't take anything with her other than the clothes on her back and a flask of water. Deep down, she wanted to believe Kenny had made it out of the chapel unharmed. She wanted to believe that he was okay, and that he was either still in the area or had gone to their home. But just to be safe, she decided to check the ruins of the chapel first. She prayed she wouldn't find him there.

She had been walking for hours, her feet beginning to drag as she grew more fatigued. It must be almost sundown, she figured, opening the flask of water and taking a few gulps before sighing, looking around the vast green field. I should've taken a carriage with me. Pausing in her tracks, Margot sat down in the grass and took a short break, the warm glow of the sun reflecting off her skin.

   "Margot." The voice was strained and had clear pain within it, so much so that the word was almost incoherent. The Scout sat up and looked around until her eyes fell on the tall figure standing not too far away, their torso covered in blood and the right side of their hair completely burnt off. There were also other visible burns on their body, and it was a wonder they were able to stand. Margot stood up, rushing over as soon as she recognised who it was. Kenny.

As Margot helped him settle against a tree, a rectangular box in his right hand, she didn't feel the relief she hoped she would feel when she found the man. No, she felt panicked. His injuries were far too serious to be left unattended for as long as they had been. They were now fatal. Going down onto her knees beside Kenny, she felt her eyes well up with tears that she quickly blinked away.

   "I can heal you, you know," Margot spoke quietly, raising her hand to touch his injured torso. She had mastered her healing abilities and would use every ounce of energy she had to heal the man back to health. Kenny grabbed her wrist, stunning her a little. "What-"

   "Don't," Kenny coughed, his breathing laboured as he tried to sit up a little more. Margot helped him, only pulling away once he was in a more comfortable position. There was so much blood seeping from his torso, and the hand holding her own was also covered in blood. She didn't mind. She was more focused on keeping him conscious. "Don't do that."