iv. ackerman vs reiss

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

THE MOONLIGHT seeped through the curtains, reflecting on Rosaline Boudreaux's skin as she laid her head upon the firm chest beneath her

THE MOONLIGHT seeped through the curtains, reflecting on Rosaline Boudreaux's skin as she laid her head upon the firm chest beneath her. Stretching her limbs, her dark brown eyes travelled until she met the grey eyes of Kenny Ackerman, who looked up at the ceiling as he traced small patterns on her bare shoulder.

   "We should run away," Kenny bluntly stated, glancing down at her. Rosaline shifted the black fedora that he had placed on her head so that she could see him properly. "To the underground, until you're safe and then we can move into that house we bought. The underground ain't much but it's better than dying, I suppose."

Rosaline rolled onto her back, pulling the covers up to her chest as she sighed. Her hand grazed over her swelled stomach. The King, Uri Reiss, had his suspicions over Rosaline but hadn't acted upon them, not yet seeing her as a threat. Rod Reiss, however, had been showing clear signs of acting upon his own suspicions. Rosaline hadn't told Kenny any of this. She didn't want him to do anything he would regret in an attempt to kill a member of the royal family. All she told him is that she was in danger of being hunted and killed like the rest of her family.

   "I can't run," Rosaline replied. "I can't run  forever. That's not the kind of life I want to live."

   "Ros-"

   "I'll have the kids, and then I'll give them to someone I know in Trost District. Someone close..." Rosaline looked up at Kenny, who refused to look at her. "It's for the best. If I have a girl, she'll be a witch too, and she'll be in danger just like I am now."

   "And what if it's a boy?" Kenny questioned.

   "He most likely won't make it past the age of ten," Rosaline revealed solemnly. Kenny felt a wave of dread wash over him, knowing that the child would be in danger either way. But her next news made him sit up in the bed, needing a minute to recuperate. "I'm having twins. A boy and a girl."

   "Rosaline..." Kenny sighed. This should have been good news. It should have made him happy. But knowing the kind of life the twins would have only saddened him. An Ackerman and a Boudreaux in a world where they would be prosecuted. It's not the type of life anyone should live. "Are you still going to name them? Before you give them away."

Rosaline nodded, shifting so that she was sitting behind Kenny with her arms wrapped around his neck. He kissed her hand, his thumb brushing across the ring on the fourth finger of her left hand.

   "Augustine and Margot Ackerman."

⚔️

Kenny guided Margot to where Rod Reiss was waiting after removing the chains from her ankles, passing by the dead guard who had mistreated Margot, a few splatters of blood on Kenny's white shirt. Needless to say, Kenny hadn't shown the man any mercy after hearing how he had treated her, and Margot had merely watched, unphased as she watched Kenny slice the man's throat open as slow as possible.