x. no time to grieve

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

FOUR TITANS. That's how many Titans Margot had killed so far, the fourth falling to the ground and landing in a pathetic slump. It was becoming more of an instinct to Margot, having no qualms when slicing her blades through the necks of the beasts, getting a thrill from killing the things that had taken the lives of countless others. It felt like vengeance - a vengeance that will unfortunately never be cured. They had taken too much.

Mikasa had left to find Armin, his scream having unsettled the both of them. It was taking everything in Margot not to find them, her mind confused about whether to follow her heart or following her mind. What about Jean? Is he okay? Marco? Connie? Sasha? She wouldn't know from where she was. And it was driving her crazy. A shudder of breath passed her lips as she jumped down from the dead Titan, closing her eyes momentarily before flicking her braid over her shoulder.

   "Dietrich." Margot turned to the Garrison soldier, who looked down at her as he spoke to the other soldiers. "I'm going to find Ackerman." It wasn't really a question; it was a statement. And she didn't leave time for him to accept or deny what she had said, shooting off in the direction Mikasa had gone. She would deal with the scolding later.

The wind and rain whipped past her face as she raced through the air, the gear guiding her through the buildings with ease. Jean. Marco. Bertholdt. Connie. Sasha. Eren. Armin. Mikasa. Everyone. I need to know everyone's okay. In the distance, she could make out a group of people, all standing on the roof of a building. And as she got closer, she could make out their faces.

Landing on the roof rather clumsily due to her rush to land, Margot steadied herself, using the sleeve of her jacket to wipe the rain off her face.

   "Margot!" The girl uncovered her face just in time to see Jean running to her, crushing her in a hug. He didn't care much about what the others would think, seeing him so openly concerned for her. Margot patted the back of his head, relief washing over her.

Peaking over his shoulder, she observed that the others were there too. Connie, Marco, Sasha, Ymir, Krista, Mikasa, Armin, Annie, Reiner, and Bertholdt. The latter tugged Margot into a hug as soon as she parted from Jean, his chin resting on top of her head as her face buried itself against his chest. Closing her eyes, she sighed, her fingers clutching his beige cadet jacket.

   "What happened?" Margot questioned, the absence of someone not escaping her notice. Eren. Where was he? Her eyes darted around, pulling away from Bertholdt. Her gaze landed on Armin, his cheeks tear-stained as he stood beside Mikasa, who had her head bowed. "Guys?"