i. new visitors

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

TWO YEARS BEFORE THE RAID ON MARLEY...

BLOOD. There was so much blood. It was all underneath her fingernails, clinging to her skin and soaking into her clothes. It was everywhere. Taking in a sharp breath, Margot pulled her knees up to her chest, trying desperately to calm her breathing. It wasn't working. They were still there.

   "M-Margot." She could feel Marco Bodt clutching onto her arms. She refused to open her eyes, tears cascading down her cheeks as she sobbed quietly. "I don't want to die, Margot. Please, I don't want to die here."

Shaking her head, Margot pressed the palms of her hands onto her eyes, trying desperately to escape this horrid dream. It's just a dream, she told herself. No, a nightmare.

   "Hey, kid." Kenny. Margot could hear his voice to the right of her, his hand brushing against her shoulder to comfort her. "Don't get all emotional on me, but... You asked me if I knew that song your mother used to sing. Do you remember it?" Margot nodded subconsciously. "Sing it for me. I want to hear it again. Just one last time before I go."

She couldn't. Her throat felt tight, harsh sobs shaking her body. The emotional pain she felt was the equivalent to being stabbed in the heart over and over again. She just wanted it to stop. Reluctantly she opened her eyes, fingers digging into her skin and piercing it due to the sheer pressure. There they all were. Augustine. Mila. Rosaline. Kenny. Marco. They were all laying there - their dead bodies surrounding her. Augustine and Mila with their sickly pale complexions, Marco with his missing arm and leg, Kenny with his burn marks and wounds and then Rosaline - who she had never seen die but her wounds were gruesome. The woman had been burnt alive.

Their voices could no longer be heard; Margot left in complete silence as she sat surrounded by her dead friends and family, their blood covering her skin. A heavy weight appeared in Margot's hand, and she hesitantly looked down, only to find-