xvi. tribulations

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦ | ᵉʳᵉʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍ᶦᵐᵃᵍᶦⁿᵉ | ᵉʳᵉⁿ ʲᵃᵉᵍᵉʳ

warning: mentions of postpartum depression  / pregnancy complications

FLASHBACK

   "SOMETHING HAPPENED IN LYRIA. I couldn't write in a letter, so I decided to wait," Margot began to explain to Eren the day she returned from Lyria, shifting so that she was facing him. "But for the moment, it has to stay between us. Okay?"

Eren looked into her eyes, feeling a little anxious about whatever it was that she had to tell him while wondering why she was being so secretive about it. But he nodded, giving her the courage to say what she had to say.

   "Back in Lyria... I found out I was pregnant. One month along already by the time I got there," Margot stated bluntly, deciding to get straight to the point. She couldn't look at Eren, mostly because she feared his reaction. "Acantha was the one to notice, because of all the symptoms. I didn't want to keep it, not at first. But I ended up going through with it, in the end. I think having Sasha there with me made it all less scary. She was there all the time, making me eat a shitload of food. Making sure I got enough sleep. And then I had them at eight and a half months. Early, but they were fine. And I couldn't tell you all this in a letter because it would have been too much. I had to tell you in person-"

   "You gave birth?" Eren raised his voice, mostly out of shock. He didn't really know which pieces of information to respond to first. "You had- wait, you said they. You had more than one?"

   "Two," Margot said, smiling sheepishly. "A boy and a girl... I wasn't going to name them until I could contact you, but after a month I got confused, calling them baby one and baby two all the time. So, I had to call them something."

   "Margot, you could have sent me a letter. You went through that all on your own - you must have been in so much pain. It must have been difficult," Eren began to ramble, standing up and getting out of bed. He wasn't angry with her, just worried. "I mean, you- we have a child- two children. Twins! Shit." He sat back down at the end of the bed, head in his hands. "We're eighteen, Margot. You must have been so scared."