The Girl (Ez Reyes)

Request: And let's go with a bittersweet angst TO fluff (the fluff is to soothe the hurt otherwise I'm sad all day 😂) once again with Ezekiel pretty please babe; "Loving you is hard sometimes, but it doesn't make you hard to love." You have creative license with this. My immediate thought is him saying it but whatever picks your fancy!

Warnings: cursing, angst
—————————
The last few weeks you and Ez hadn't really been talking that much. Just a few hugs and kisses here and there but they became fewer and fewer. When you were sleeping you were both on the opposite ends of the bed, no touching and no cuddling. Almost completely ignoring each other unless there was an emergency.

It had started with when you saw Ez talking to a very pretty girl at a party, they were laughing with each other and when you saw her put her hands on him you turned around and walked away. Not wanting to tell him anymore what you came over to tell.

You usually weren't so jealous and you trusted Ez but the last few days you hadn't really been feeling like yourself. You started to get more and more insecure about yourself and you couldn't seem to put your emotions in check. They were just all over the place.

Ez saw how you were acting and got concerned at first but you brushed him of and just told him it was nothing. Eventually he gave up and just thought that you needed some space for a few hours.

Well hours turned to days and days turned into weeks and you both just got more and more distant.

You would cry yourself to sleep, thinking that the relationship was over and that Ez didn't love you anymore. That he would be better off with that pretty girl from the party.
—————————
After a few weeks Ez had had enough of the silent treatment and how you were acting. He got concerned that you didn't love him anymore and that you just stayed because you didn't know how to leave. So he wanted to get to the bottom of what was going on with you two and what the future of your relationship looked like.

He walked into your bedroom where you were laying down with a book in your hand, as you had been doing for the last weeks. Leaning himself again the doorframe, he cleared his throat to get your attention. You looked up from your book and saw the look on his face. You knew it was time to face what you had been dreading for a while now.

"Hey.. I was just wondering if we could talk for a bit.. maybe go down and sit at the table?"

"Ok" was all you answered. Putting your book down and getting up so you could walk downstairs.
—————————
There was a few seconds of silence when you sat down. Both of you not knowing where to start. Ez was the one that began talking.

"What has happened these last few weeks..? Why won't you talk to me.. or even look at me.. did I.. did I do something wrong? Do you not love me anymore?"

You could feel your heart break when he asked those questions. Of course you would never think that he would cheat on you. Or do something to upset you. But with the recent life update you had gotten a few weeks ago you couldn't help it to feel insecure and lonely.

"I've just not been feeling so good lately.. it's nothing Ez.. really..".

"Oh bullshit". You jumped up a bit at the slight raise of tone that he used.

"We haven't almost said a single sentence to each other in forever. Whenever I come into the room you almost immediately leave. We haven't touched each other in weeks. Haven't had sex in forever and you...."

"THE GIRL EZ!!" You cut him of. Tired of hearing him rambling about when you knew what the real problem was. He looked at you confused. "The girl?"

"Yes Ez.. the girl at the party that was all over you and you didn't seem to stop her at all". He shook his head. "Wait.. that is the reason that you are acting this way.. because of some girl". "Well she didn't look just like some girl" you snapped at him.

"Baby.. you have it completely wrong.. I would never do something to hurt you.. I would never ever cheat on you my love." Now it was you who looked at him confused. "I don't understand..".

"I don't know when you left but if you had stayed a few seconds longer you would have seen me politely declined her and tell her I had a beautiful wife at home and that I had no interest in doing anything with her."

You felt like the absolute most horrible person ever. How could you be so stupid.

".. I feel like the most horrible person right now Ezekiel. I'm so sorry.. I'm so sorry that I doubted you.. that I've been acting this way. You must really hate me now. You must really not love me now".

"Baby.. loving you is hard sometimes, but it doesn't make you hard to love."

"Would you love a baby Ezekiel?" You just blurred, not being able to keep it in anymore. Ez looked at you, a small glint in his eyes. "Are.. are you.." "Pregnant" you interrupted him. "I'm pregnant Ez". His smile couldn't have been wider. Hope in his eyes.

"That's why I've been acting like I have.. I wasn't sure if you wanted to have a baby..".

He got up from the chair and took your hands in his to pull you up to him. "Are you kidding me! I couldn't be happier right now my love.. we are going to have a baby". Hugging you tight to him, the emotions of the last few weeks pouring out of you both in tears. Comforting each other and telling each other sorry again over and over.

After some time of holding onto each other he took your face in his and finally kissed you after so long. Lips moving against each other trying to make up for lost time.

"I love you with all my heart baby. Forever and always. No matter what kind of struggles we are facing, as long as I'm with you, it will all work out in the end". "You are my heart and soul Ezekiel. You always have and always will be.. it's me, you and this little nugget together till the end of time".

Vote? Comment? Share?
Tips and feedback is always appreciated and welcomed on all my writing❤️