Iron Man [t. stark]

Pairing: Tony Stark x child!OC
Imagine: Coming out to your father, Tony Stark, as bisexual.
Warnings: None
this is for you, gop :)

Every since your dad, Tony Stark, had escaped capture and returned to the States you'd been practically glued to his hip

Every since your dad, Tony Stark, had escaped capture and returned to the States you'd been practically glued to his hip. You still remembered when you first got the news that he had been ambushed and taken hostage. The fear, the unknowing, the helplessness that you couldn't help.

But it turns out you could help. It was the thought of you, in fact, that kept Tony going; that pushed him to fight to get back home. And he did.

Now that he was home safe and sound, you had something else bothering you.

This whole experience had really put into perspective how short life could be. Your dad was all you had, and you almost lost him. You didn't want to regret not spending enough time with him, didn't want to regret not telling him everything you wanted too.

You wanted to come out of the closet to him.

The thought alone made you feel nauseous. Tony had never been anything but loving and supportive, but you couldn't help but feel that this was different. You spent every moment of every day trying to make him proud, so the idea that he might be disappointed by this tore you up inside.

And it continued to tear you up, until one day you decided you had to tell him. You couldn't pretend to be someone you weren't anymore, you were tired of lying and hiding. You had to do this; even if it cost you your dad.

You found Tony, unsurprisingly, in his lab. He'd been perfecting his suit every since he got back, convinced he had created something that could be used for good. You thought he looked rather ridiculous in the suit but that wasn't stopping him.

He was blasting ACDC when you walked in, also not surprising.

"Hi dad."

"Hey kiddo. What's up?"

Nerves bubbled in your stomach, and you began questioning every life choice that had gotten you to this point.

"Hey Jarvis? Can you turn the volume down please?"

"Of course, little Stark."

Despite your anxiety you rolled your eyes at the nickname. Your dad had programmed Jarvis to call you 'little Stark', no matter how many times you protested.

"I really think I'm on to something here," Tony rambled on as he tweaked at his metal suit. It was obvious he couldn't sense the nervousness radiating from you.

As you stared at the back of his head you began to regret coming down at all. Why on earth did you think you could do this? You can't do this!

"I didn't realize you were busy, I'll come back later."

"Nope," Tony spun on his chair so he was facing you. "Never too busy for you. What's up?"

You stared at him with wide eyes, fingers ticking anxiously.

He frowned a bit, setting his wrench down. Finally he was sensing something was up.

"What's wrong?"

Your shoes suddenly seemed awful interesting and you dropped your gaze to the floor as you bit at your lip.

"Hey, you know you can tell me anything right? No matter what I'll-"

"Iambisexual," you blurted out in one breath.

"What?"

"I-I'm bi. Like-bisexual."

Tony's worried face relaxed, a wide grin splitting his lips. "Oh kiddo, is that it?"

You nodded sheepishly.

"No sweat, kid. So is your old man!"

Your eyes widened as your dad pulled you into a big hug. "Wha-really?"

"You bet! Love is love, and it doesn't change how much I love you."

Tears welled up in your eyes and spilled over your cheeks as you burrowed your face into the comforting figure of your dad.

"Thanks dad. I love you so much."

"You know I love you too, kiddo. 3000."