The Avengers [n. romanoff]

Pairing: Natasha Romanoff x Fem!Reader
Imagine: Being Natasha's girlfriend
Warnings: None

You often hear that it's bad luck to get romantically involved with a coworker–you found it to be quite the opposite.

Nothing like watching your girlfriend be shot at to get your adrenaline pumping and make you wanna punch someone.

It helped the relationship, in your opinion, because you both knew the toll the job took–and you got to see her everyday.

"What's got you smiling like that?"

You perked up at the sound of your girlfriends voice, and smiled as Natasha walked over to your desk. "Just thinking about how much I love punching people with you."

Nat grinned, showing off her pearly whites. "It is pretty nice. And whenever we get into a fight we can just go on a mission and fight people until we feel better."

You sighed happily. "I love us."

Nat chuckled before grabbing your hand and pulling you away from your desk. "Let's go get some lunch, I'm starving."

You didn't object, holding her hand tightly as she led you to the cafeteria. The two of you chatted away happily, saying hi to a few agents you recognized as they passed by. You were in the middle of an important debate about whether pancakes or waffles were better when a loud voice interrupted. "You guys should totally kiss!"

You whipped around, ready to tear the culprit apart, when you saw none other than Clint Barton. He walked up the two of you with a smirk on his face.

"Was that you, Barton?"

He shrugged, his smirk growing even wider.

You narrowed your eyes, pointing at him. "Don't be a hoe, Barton. I'll kiss my girlfriend whenever I want."
You knew Clint was kidding, but it was fun to give him a hard time.

"Yeah, Barton!" Nat echoed. "She can kiss me anytime!"

Clint rolled his eyes and linked his arm with yours. "You losers going to lunch?"

You nodded. "And you can join, but don't expect any kissing."

Nat frowned, tugging on your other arm. "I don't agree with that."

You sighed, leading a now pissed off assassin and a snarky archer to the cafeteria. You needed to feed them ASAP before they got into a fight.

The three of you got some food and sat down, enjoying your lunch and gossiping. You were having a pleasant time, catching up with friends and eating. But of course, it had to be ruined.

You and Natasha were holding hands, the only PDA you allowed at the work place, but apparently someone thought even that was too much.

The cafeteria was relatively quiet, no one talking above inside voices, until one voice called out loud and clear, "You two should kiss for us!"

You froze, Nat's grip tightening on your hand. This was different than Clint's lame jokes. You looked towards the voice, spotting a group of guys a couple tables over. They were smirking, high giving each other as they continued to make crude jokes. You'd seen a few of them around before, and they were not a fan of you and Nat.

Natasha flipped them off as Clint muttered, glaring at the group of grown men acting like children. "Ignore them, they're just a bunch of pigs."

You nodded, trying to ignore the lump in your throat. Nat felt your grip on her hand tighten even more, and could see your lips trembling as you tried to hold yourself together. Her gut twisted at your obvious discomfort, and she got the sudden urge to go knock out every single one of those boys.

But she knew you hated causing scenes, so she sat quietly beside you, whispering reassurances into your ear. The men had quieted down, and you began to think they had finally left you alone. But alas, the assholes were not done.

The rowdiest of the men stood up and walked over to your table. Clint put a hand on his bow and Nat reached for one of her guns.

"Back off, asshole." Clint growled.

Nat didn't even need to speak, the glare on her face enough to make grown men cry.

"So who wears the pants in this relationship? Or should I say dress?" The guy said with a smirk, crossing his arms.

Nat raised an eyebrow. "Well if we're doing it correctly, neither of us."

Clint snorted, and you couldn't help but smirk. The guys eyes widened and he stuttered. That was clearly not the answer he was expecting.

"You better fuck off before we start making out." You threatened.

His face became beet red and he stormed out of the cafeteria.

"That was badass." Clint said with a grin on his face, high fiving the both of you.

Nat shurgged. "I was only telling the truth."

"So was I, you never know when I'll get the urge to just start making out with my hot girlfriend." You laughed.

Clint gagged and stood up from the table. "I've officially lost my appetite, I'll see you losers later." He waved and left the cafeteria, throwing one last glare at the table of now silent guys.

"I think we should make out–just to piss them off." Nat proposed, winking.

You rolled your eyes, but couldn't keep the smile off your face. "You know we're not supposed to–"

Nat leaned forward and kissed you. It wasn't anything over the top or excessive. It was short and sweet, and enough to make your heart race.

She pulled back, smiling softly at you. "I love you. Regardless of what anyone else says, I love you."

You smiled back, eyes watering at the admiration and emotion in her eyes. "I love you more."